
Escape to Paradise: Nobiallum B&B, Menaggio, Italy - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling gelato-flavored paradise that is "Escape to Paradise: Nobiallum B&B" in Menaggio, Italy. Forget those perfectly curated travel blog posts – this is the raw, honest, and totally unsanitized (though they do have anti-viral cleaning products, thank god!) truth. Let's get this show on the road – and hopefully, by the end, you'll be frantically clicking "Book Now."
(Deep breath. Okay, here we go…)
First Impressions: The Arrival (Almost)
So, the promise is "Your Dream Getaway Awaits!" Big words, Italy. Big, delicious, carb-loaded words. Getting there itself is a story. I’d opted for the airport transfer (thank God for the service!), because navigating those winding Lombardy roads after a transatlantic flight? No thank you. The drive was… well, let’s just say the views of Lake Como practically slapped me in the face with their beauty. Like, jaw-dropping, Instagram-stalking-worthy beauty. The B&B itself is perched up there, with those views – accessibility, while listed, is a mixed bag. Elevators exist, which is a massive win. But those cobblestone streets getting to the elevator? Not exactly ideal if you're relying on wheels. However, the staff are amazing – super helpful, eager to assist… they practically carried my luggage themselves (after I'd insisted I could manage it, because, you know, pride).
Cleanliness & Safety: A Very Important "Huzzah!"
Okay, let's be real. Cleanliness matters. Especially post-pandemic. And good news, germ-phobes! They've got the works. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection? Double check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Triple check! They even provided hand sanitizer everywhere, which, let's be real, is a lifesaver after you've been pawing over Italian bread. The "Hygiene certification" gave me that peace of mind that made the whole experience better.
The Room: Your Personal Sanctuary (Probably)
Listen, I’m a sucker for a good room. And Nobiallum delivers. I’m talking "Available in All Rooms" – the basics are covered: Air conditioning (a must!), a comfy bed with extra-long options (hallelujah for tall people!), and blackout curtains because, jet lag. My room had a mini-bar with tempting treats, a safe box for my valuables (because, you know, paranoia), and FREE Wi-Fi (which, let’s be honest, is basically a utility). The “Mirror," the "desk," the "Reading light," were all there, for convenience, which I find quite useful. The "extra-long bed" was a lifesaver.
The Food! (My Personal Obsession)
Okay, deep breaths. This is where things get serious. The breakfast is a dream. Forget your sad continental breakfasts – this is a buffet, and it's a good buffet. Asian breakfast options were available, which wasn’t exactly my thing, but the Western breakfast? Perfection. They had a cafe, though I didn't get a chance to try it. There were restaurants! (plural). From the "A la carte in restaurant," and the "Asian cuisine in restaurant," to the "Vegetarian restaurant," they'd thought of every palette. I went with the Western cuisine. I'm writing this review now, and I want the "Soups" and "Salads" in the restaurant! I want the "coffee" and the "desserts!"
And the "Bottle of water?" They seem to understand the importance of hydration after a long day of sightseeing.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: More Than Just Lounging!
Look, I'm not one for sitting still. But even I was tempted to do nothing but stare at the view from the pool (Pool with view? Oh, yes). The "Swimming pool [outdoor]" was gorgeous. The "Sauna" and the "Spa" are available. The "Gym/fitness" could be nice for some, however the "Spa/sauna" is my idea of heaven. I'm a body-scrub, body-wrap, and massage kind of girl.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
The "Daily housekeeping" was a godsend. I made a mess, and they silently appeared and made things right. The "Laundry service" was a lifesaver. The "Luggage storage" was critical. The "Concierge" knew everything. They got me restaurant reservations, arranged a taxi, and generally made me feel like royalty. The "Facilities for disabled guests" are there, although, as I mentioned before, the full accessibility is a bit nuanced. The "Elevator" is a blessing, though!
Now for the Negatives, Because Reality Isn't All Roses (Thank God!)
Okay, I'm not going to lie. It wasn't perfect. Finding my way there was tough. As were parking restrictions. And the one time I wanted room service at 3 AM? Not available. The "Internet access – LAN" wasn't something I tried. "Babysitting service?" While listed, I didn't have kids at the time. Just a few nitpicks, though, really.
The Deal: (Here's the Sales Pitch, Folks!)
ESCAPE TO PARADISE – Literally!
Here's the deal. You need this. Seriously. Get away from the grind, from the everyday – into a place where the air smells of fresh-baked bread and the views will melt your worries away. Nobiallum isn't just a B&B; it's an experience.
Unbeatable Views: Wake up to the Alps every single morning. Seriously, what's not to love?
Foodie Heaven: Forget your diet. This is Italy. Eat everything. Literally everything.
Relaxation Station: Whether you're a spa-goer or a pool-lounger, you'll find your happy place.
Impeccable Cleanliness: Peace of mind, guaranteed. That extra anti-viral peace of mind.
Exceptional Service: The staff is genuinely welcoming and happy to help.
"Book NOW and get a complimentary bottle of Prosecco upon arrival!"
"Get 10% off for stays longer than three nights!"
Final Verdict: Book It, You Fool!
Look, am I gushing? Maybe. But I genuinely adored my stay at Nobiallum. It's not just a hotel; it's a feeling. A feeling of pure bliss. If you're dreaming of Italy, of escape, of something truly special – book this B&B, and prepare to fall in love. You can thank me later.
Escape to Paradise: Song Anh Hotel's Nature Land 2 Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-packaged travel plan. This is… me in Menaggio. And it's gonna be a glorious, chaotic mess.
The Nobiallum B&B & (Probably) My Sanity: Menaggio, Italy - Let's DO THIS (Mostly!)
Arrival & First Impressions (or, The Great Gelato Hunt)
Day 1: Lake Como, I'm Your (Unstable) Fan!
- Morning (Pre-dawn, because jet lag is a cruel mistress): Landed in Milan. Milan! Honestly, the airport felt like a giant, slightly underwhelming shopping mall. Took the train to Como (more on that later, the train was, shall we say, characterful). Then, the ferry to Menaggio. The lake… WOW. Just WOW. Pictures? They don’t even begin to do it justice. It's like a painting, a goddamn expensive painting you can actually dive into (or drown in, if you’re me and not a strong swimmer).
- Midday (and already hangry): Checked into Nobiallum. The picture online? It's accurate. The view from the balcony? Makes you want to sell all your worldly possessions and become a recluse, just so you can stare at it forever. The B&B itself is… well, it's lived in. You can tell it's loved. In a slightly eccentric, Italian grandmother way. Which is perfect, honestly.
- Afternoon (Operation: Gelato Acquisition): Right, fuel. Finding gelato became my only mission. Found a place. Had two scoops. Strawberry and pistachio. They were heavenly. Then I spilled some on my shirt. Classic. This is my life now. Sticky, delicious, and prone to minor disasters.
- Evening (Post-Gelato Regret & the Aperitivo Crisis): Wandered around town, slightly overwhelmed by the dolce vita vibe. Tried (and failed) to look sophisticated during aperitivo at a lakeside bar. Ordered… something. Pretty sure it was a spritz. It tasted like sunshine and regret (mostly regret, because my Italian is, shall we say, "emerging"). Ended up talking to a grumpy old Italian man who kept shaking his head and muttering. I think he was telling me my sunglasses were hideous. Maybe he was right.
The Lake, the Laughter, and the Laundry – A Whirlwind of Experiences
Day 2: Bellagio & The Great Ferry Fiasco
- Morning (Operation: Bellagio Bound): Took the ferry to Bellagio. Bellagio! The "Pearl" of Lake Como. Honestly, it felt… a bit touristy. Like, Disneyland-on-water. Still beautiful, of course, but I wanted authentic. I wanted real.
- Midday (The Bellagio Blunders): Got spectacularly lost in a maze of tiny alleyways. Almost got run over by a Vespa. Bought a ridiculously overpriced scarf I didn't need. Ate a pizza that, while tasty, was definitely not worth the price tag. Bellagio? Pretty, but I think I’d seen all I needed.
- Afternoon (The Ferry of Fury): The ferry back to Menaggio? Pure, unadulterated chaos. People everywhere. Luggage everywhere. Kids screaming. I swear, someone dropped a whole bag of oranges. The only thing that prevented me from losing it completely was the view. Seriously, Lake Como is a therapy session in itself.
- Evening (Laundry Disaster & Food Coma): Attempted to do laundry at the B&B. Ended up with a load of pink socks. Goddamn it. Then, dinner. Ate way, way too much pasta. Felt like I needed a nap, a long nap, a nap that would last until the end of time.
A Day of Hiking and Contemplation (Maybe, Probably Not)
Day 3: Hiking, the Great Outdoors, and the Question of Fitness
- Morning (The Great Hike Attempt): Decided I would be active. I would embrace the mountains! I would hike! Found a trail. Started hiking. Immediately regretted everything. The view was stunning, but the hill was… hill-like. And steep. I'm pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes twice before I got halfway.
- Midday (The Trail of Tears): Sat down on a rock, gasping for air and wondering how people enjoy hiking. Had a water bottle that leaked. Ate some dry bread and cheese. Contemplated calling for a helicopter rescue.
- Afternoon (The Hike of Humble Pie): Turned around. Admitted defeat. The scenery was amazing, but seriously, what was the point of this suffering?
- Evening (The Reward): Found a fabulous restaurant in Menaggio with a terrace view. Amazing food. Wine. Felt like human again.
- Night (Last Minute View): After dinner, headed back to the apartment to have a last beer at the balcony.
The End (Or, The Bitter-Sweet Parting)
Day 4: Farewell, Lake Como (And My Sanity, Probably)
- Morning: Said goodbye to Nobiallum. The view… I miss it already. The B&B was great. That view…
- Midday: Train. Airport. Home.
- Evening: It’s not all about the tourist attractions. It’s about the gelato stains, the ferry chaos, the laundry disasters, the moments of utter bliss. It’s about the realness of it all. This trip? It was a glorious, messy, beautiful disaster. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Notes to Self (and Maybe You):
- Learn some basic Italian. “Per favore” and “grazie” only get you so far.
- Pack more comfortable shoes.
- Don't trust your sense of direction.
- Embrace the chaos. It's part of the charm.
- And finally: Come to Lake Como. It's magic. Just… be prepared. Seriously, be prepared.
Ciao! (And wish me luck in dealing with my pink socks!)
Beatrice Getaway: Unbeatable Value at America's Best Inn!
Escape to Paradise: Nobiallum B&B - Your Dream Getaway Awaits! (Probably. Maybe. Depends.)
So, what *is* this Nobiallum place anyway? Sounds…fancy. And is it even *real*?
Okay, deep breaths. Yes, Nobiallum IS real. Thank God. After the weeks I spent fantasizing about it, I was starting to think I was hallucinating. It's a B&B in Menaggio on Lake Como, Italy. And "fancy"? Well, it's *Italian* fancy. Think charm, not chintz. Think rustic elegance mixed with "Oh, *that's* where I left my wine glass!" levels of casualness. It's perched up high, overlooking the lake. Seriously, the views? Spectacular. My jaw literally *dropped* when I first saw them. The brochure photos don't lie (for once!).
The website says free WiFi. Is it actually *usable* free WiFi? Crucial information!
Ah, the digital age dilemma. Yes, there's WiFi. And...well, let's just say it's *Italian* WiFi. Meaning… it’s there. Mostly. Sometimes it works like a dream, letting you upload those envy-inducing sunset photos immediately. Other times? You'll be refreshing your Instagram, staring at a spinning wheel, muttering about the *dolce vita* and the cruelties of modern technology. Pack a book. Or, you know, just stare at the lake. That's kind of the point, isn't it?
Breakfast? Breakfast is important. What's the deal with breakfast?
Breakfast at Nobiallum... *sigh*. This is where it gets truly indulgent, and where I almost completely lost my mind, and then the desire to go home. Seriously. They make their own cakes. And the bread? Glorious, crusty, and somehow always still warm. There's fresh fruit, yogurt, muesli... the works. My first morning there, I ate so much I wanted to take a nap right there at the table. And I nearly did! The coffee? Strong. Amazing. Fuel for the day of... well, mostly wandering around and taking photos. I mean, that's a hard life, you know?
How do you *get* there? Italy travel logistics... are always a joy... (said with maximum sarcasm).
Alright, deep breaths again. Getting to Nobiallum *is* part of the adventure. Fly into Milan. From there, you can take a train to Como, then a bus. Or, you can rent a car. Beware: Italian roads. They are thrilling, especially around the lake. Narrow, windy, and you'll probably be tailgated by a Vespa at some point. I chose the bus. The bus driver, bless his heart, was a total pro. Navigating those hairpin turns like a boss. There's a bit of a walk uphill from the bus stop to the B&B. Pack light. Or, like me, get help from one of the lovely owners, who can spot a tired traveler a mile away.
What's the *vibe*? Is it all stiff upper lips and quiet library books? Or, you know, can you actually *relax*?
Relax? Oh, honey, please. It’s the opposite of stiff. It's cozy, welcoming, like you're staying with your favorite Italian relatives (the ones who aren't always shouting). The owners are genuinely lovely people. Helpful, laid-back, and happy to offer recommendations on things to do (and, more importantly, where to eat). There's a general sense of peace. I spent one afternoon reading on the terrace, and I heard absolutely nothing except birds chirping, and oh, the sound of my own contented sighs. It was glorious. Utterly. Glorious. Though, I did get a little sunburned. Always remember the sunscreen.
Is it romantic? Seriously, should I go to Nobiallum for a romantic getaway?
Okay, yes. Absolutely. Positively. Romantic. Think sunsets over the lake, glasses of wine on the terrace, hand-in-hand strolls through Menaggio. I’m not one for mushy stuff, but I have to admit, the whole setting is just… romantic. If you’re looking to rekindle the flame, or just escape the everyday grind and reconnect, Nobiallum is perfect. I went with my husband, and it was the best trip we had in years. I think it might have been almost too romantic, because now he will constantly be asking me to go back.
What do I *do* there? Besides eat, drink, and gasp at the scenery?
Well, you *could* spend your entire time just eating breakfast, drinking wine, and gasping at the scenery. I wouldn't blame you. But, Menaggio and the surrounding area have plenty to offer. Take a boat trip on the lake. Wander through the charming streets of town. Visit the Villa Carlotta with its beautiful gardens. Explore the other picturesque towns around the lake (Bellagio is a must!). Hike. Cycle. Or, you know, just sit and read a book. Honestly, whatever takes your fancy. The pace is slow, and life is good.
Okay, the imperfections. What *didn't* you like? Be brutally honest!
Okay, okay! Let's get real. No place is perfect. The shower in my room was a *little* bit temperamental. One day, it was freezing. The next, it was practically scalding. Luckily, there was a small towel rack to hold my head. Also, the walk up from the bus stop can be a killer if you’re pushing luggage. However, the views? Oh, the views. They more than make up for everything. The whole place just oozes charm. So, in the end, it really just comes down to tiny gripes. Like, I wish I could have stayed longer. Much, much longer.
Would you go back? Be honest.
In a heartbeat. Seriously. I'm already trying to figure out how to book another trip. It's the kind of place that gets under your skin. Even with the dodgy shower, and the slightly unreliable WiFi, the beauty of the place and the genuine warmth of the hosts leave you with a special feeling. A feeling that makes you forget the worries of life and just breathe. So yes. Absolutely. Yes. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go look at photos of the Lake Como again.

