Sedona's Hidden Gem: Southwest Inn's Unbelievable Views!

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Sedona's Hidden Gem: Southwest Inn's Unbelievable Views!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the red rocks and breathtaking views of Sedona, and I'm here to spill the tea on the Southwest Inn's "Unbelievable Views!" – seriously, what a cliché, but let's see if it actually lives up to the hype. This is gonna be less a review and more a rambling love letter (with some serious nitpicking) to this supposed hidden gem.

First things first, let's talk about getting there and settling in:

Accessibility: Okay, this is important. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did take a moment to look things over. The website claims accessibility, but always call ahead and be damn sure. Make sure the "Facilities for disabled guests" aren't just a checkbox they ticked off. They better be legit.

Getting In & Out

  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Parking's always a crapshoot, right? But at least they seem to be offering loads of parking solutions. Free and on-site is always a good start. The car charging station is a nice touch!

Rooms and Amenities (The Deep Dive)

Available in all rooms: Alright, let's see if the rooms actually deliver.

  • Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Okay, this is a solid list. The basics are covered, meaning no surprises. But… a bathroom phone? Seriously? Who uses those anymore? And a scale? Yeah, thanks, I need that extra bit of guilt while I'm trying to relax. The "extra long bed" is great if you're tall and a "high floor" is essential for the views.
  • Internet Access: YES! Thank the heavens they offer both LAN and wireless. Seriously. I need the internet. It's the only way I function.
  • Room decorations: This is where things get interesting. Here's hoping they kept it within the last decade. I would hate to spend my vacation with an outdated room.

The "Unbelievable Views!" (Does it Live Up?) This is the big one, right? The selling point. Hopefully, the "Unbelievable Views!" aren't just a cleverly marketed photo. I'll be honest, I want to see the picture-perfect sunset over the red rocks from my balcony. It has to be worth the dough. Fingers crossed.

Cleanliness & Safety in the Age of Germs

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, here's the COVID-era checklist. This is reassuring. I'm a germaphobe by nature (and necessity now!), so all this is critical. The fact that you can opt-out of room sanitization… interesting. I'm going to go with the professional cleaning.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking (Fueling the Adventure!)

  • A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Whoa. Look at this menu of available food. Buffet? Awesome, I love buffets. Asian cuisine, yes please. And 24-hour room service? Game changer.

Services and Conveniences (The Stuff That Makes Life Easier)

  • Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: This is a well-rounded list.

For the Kids (Bringing the Mini-Me's?)

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Nice! This is an important one if you're wrangling the rugrats (or planning to).

Getting Around

  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Taxi service, Valet parking: Fine, they have the basics.

The Heart of the Matter: My Actual Experience (Hopefully, I'm Going!)

Right, so this is where it all gets messy. Because, let's be honest, reviews are never perfect. Hopefully, the staff are friendly, the food is edible, and the "unbelievable views" actually make you want to weep.

  • I am hoping I saw some beautiful views.
  • I want a great experience.
  • I just want to make sure I have a safe stay.

My Overall Vibe (and a Slightly Aggressive Offer)

Okay, so the Southwest Inn sounds promising. It's got the basics, the amenities appear solid, and the safety measures give me some peace of mind. And those views… drool.

Here’s My Offer (And Why You NEED to Book NOW!)

Are you craving a getaway where you can actually breathe? Where soul-stirring views meet top-notch comfort? Then forget scrolling endlessly and click… right now!

Book Your Sedona Escape at the Southwest Inn and Get:

  • Unbelievable Views: We're talking Instagram-worthy sunrises and sunsets over the red rocks. Guaranteed to make your friends jealous. (Or your money back!)
  • Ultimate Comfort: Every room is equipped with those essentials.
  • Peace of Mind: With their rigorous safety measures, you can relax knowing your health is a top priority.
  • Delicious Dining: From a la carte to a buffet!

[Insert Specific Limited-Time Offers Here. Ideas:]

  • Early Bird Discount: Book in the next 24 hours and get 15% off your stay!
  • Free Upgrade: Book any room and receive a complimentary upgrade to a Junior Suite!
  • Sunset & Spa Package: Enjoy a couples massage at the Spa followed by complimentary appetizers and cocktails at the poolside bar.
  • Exclusive Discounts: Sign up for our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and more!

Here's the deal, folks: Life's too short for boring hotels! So, do it. Book it. NOW!

Click here to book your Sedona adventure!

Merrill Farm Resort: Your Conway, NH Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. We're going to Sedona. And let me tell you, after the last trip, I needed this. Here's the, ahem, "itinerary" for the Southwest Inn at Sedona, or as I’m starting to call it: My Personal Oasis of Solitude (and possibly, existential dread… more on that later):

Day 1: Arrival & Attempted Zen

  • 1:00 PM: ARRIVE! (Hopefully. Fingers crossed the flight wasn't delayed this time, because, you know, my luck). Check in to Southwest Inn. First impressions? Clean. Too clean? Is that a hint of lavender I smell? Oh dear, this is going to be a journey, isn't it. I’m suddenly craving some serious chaos… and maybe a margarita.
  • 1:30 PM: Unpack. The meticulous folding of my travel wardrobe might be the only thing holding me together right now. Must. Resist. The. Urge. To. Throw. It. All. In. The. Closet. (It's a daily struggle, folks.)
  • 2:00 PM: "Quiet Time" / Attempt at Meditation on the Balcony. This is where things get… complicated. I'm aiming for inner peace, but the only thing I'm achieving is a frantic internal monologue wondering if I remembered to lock the front door. And did I pack enough snacks? (Essential life questions, people!). Views are amazing, though. Red rocks. The sun. So, so much sun. I squint, take a deep breath, and try to embrace the quiet. It doesn't help that a squirrel is judging me from the railing.
  • 3:00 PM: Failure. Time to go find the pool, grab a mojito and chillax. Which, if the weather is as hot as this place is, might be a lot of work.
  • 4:00 PM: Poolside. Mojito acquired. Ahhhh, the blissful sounds of splashing, distant laughter, and… is that a hawk circling overhead? Okay, maybe the existential dread hasn't entirely vanished. I'm starting to think I'm being stalked by a dramatic nature documentary. This place is gorgeous, though, I can't deny it. I could get used to this, easy peasy.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant (TBD – gotta find one with good reviews AND doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a plate of quinoa). Thinking maybe somewhere with a view, to soak up more of this stunning scenery. And wine. Lots and lots of wine, to help me process all the beauty. Or maybe just to drown out my anxieties. Who can say?
  • 9:00 PM: Stargazing… on the balcony, assuming I remember my binoculars. Or maybe just stare at the inky blackness and ponder the vastness of the universe. Either way, expect to be utterly baffled and slightly terrified.

Day 2: Hiking, Humiliation & Heartbreak (Almost)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Actually, I wake up at 6, but I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, for two hours, replaying the day's possible disasters in my head. (Don’t tell me you don't do this!) Finally, I drag myself out of bed and think "breakfast?"
  • 8:30/9 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Probably. Assuming the complimentary continental breakfast doesn't involve hard-boiled eggs and sadness.
  • 9:30 AM: Hiking. We're talking a beginner-friendly trail. No, wait. Beginner-friendly trails are often lying. We think we are going to do "Devil's Bridge" but nope! It isn't for us today. Turns out, I'm not as fit as I thought. And maybe slightly terrified of heights. Let's just say there was a moment where I thought my life might flash before my eyes (spoiler: it didn't. Just a moment of mild terror and a lot of sweat). It’s worth it, though. The views are spectacular. I want to stay there forever!
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. Found a cute little place with outdoor seating. Because apparently, I'm now obsessed with eating with a view. I make a mental bookmark or two.
  • 3:00 PM: Shopping. I'm a sucker for a good souvenir shop. Bring on the crystal shops! And the quirky boutiques! My bank account is already weeping, I can feel it.
  • 5:00 PM: Re-evaluate life choices. The emotional rollercoaster of this trip is already exhausting. I need a nap.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Probably something I regret eating later, but it will taste delicious at the time.
  • 7:30 PM: Sunset viewing. If I'm lucky, and if I can find a good spot. Apparently, everyone and their dog wants to watch the sunset in Sedona. I better find it fast.

Day 3: Spa Day & Spiritual Surrender (Maybe)

  • 9:00 AM: Spa day! Finally! I've earned this. I'll probably have a massage, maybe a facial, and definitely a chance to de-stress and pretend I'm a polished, put-together human being. I'm a spa person. It's a fact. Also, a chance to contemplate the meaning of life while covered in mud.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Light and healthy, because I'll need the energy to… what? Contemplate more things!
  • 2:00 PM: Visit a vortex site. I was skeptical, but… the energy is palpable. Or maybe it's just the placebo effect of being surrounded by beautiful scenery. Either way, I feel strangely grounded. Or maybe I'm just hungry.
  • 4:00 PM: Free time. Maybe I'll try another hike. Probably not. I've learned my lesson. More likely, I'll sit on the balcony, read a book, and watch the world go by… while secretly judging everyone. (It's a habit I'm working on.)
  • 6:00 PM: Final dinner. I'm going to go out with a bang. Probably some amazing food, maybe a fancy cocktail. I want this to be a memory.
  • 8:00 PM: Pack. Or maybe I'll leave it until the last minute, because I'm a creature of habit.
  • 9:00 PM: The last sunset. Oh dear, I'm not ready to go.

Day 4: Departure & Existential Reflections

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. (Unless I oversleep because, you know, vacations.) Have a final coffee on the balcony. Stare at the red rocks. Sigh dramatically.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast? Sure, why not. Savor every last bite.
  • 9:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. One last look at the lavender smell, and off to the airport.
  • 11:00 AM: Attempt to fly. This is the part where everything could go wrong. Delays. Lost luggage. Seatmate who talks incessantly about their cats. It's a gamble.
  • 1:00 PM: Land back home (hopefully).
  • 1:30 PM: Unpack (or, let the suitcase sit for a week while I emotionally recover).
  • Ongoing: Reflect on Sedona. Was it magical? Spiritual? Exhausting? Probably all of the above. Did I find inner peace? Maybe. Did I leave a little piece of my heart in the red rocks? Quite possibly. Did I buy too many crystals? Absolutely. And you know what? That's okay.

This isn’t a perfect itinerary, and it's definitely subject to change. But hey, it's mine. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters, right? (Right?!) Wish me luck… I'm going to need it.

Escape to Norfolk: Cozy Inn & Suites Await!

Book Now

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Sedona's Secret Stash: Southwest Inn & Those Jaw-Dropping Views! (Let's be Real, They're Insane)

Okay, So Everyone Raves About the Views. Are They *Really* That Good? Seriously?

Alright, alright, let's get something straight. Yes. They are. And not just "good." More like… eye-popping, "did-I-just-hallucinate-a-red-rock-god?" spectacular. I'm talking "forget-your-problems-and-maybe-your-name" kind of epic. Look, I've seen some views in my day, even managed to scam myself onto a helicopter once, but this, this is different. It’s instant jaw-drop, followed by a desperate search for a camera (which, let's be honest, will never actually *capture* the majesty, but you try anyway). Seriously, my first morning there, I nearly tripped over a patio chair from gawking. Embarrassing. But worth it.

What's the Deal with the Location? Is It Actually Convenient?

Convenient? Well, it's not *in* the middle of the tourist frenzy, which is a HUGE PLUS. You're not elbowing your way around hordes of people just to get a coffee. But it's also a quick hop to pretty much everything you want to do. Hike? Yep. Eat? Double yep. Shopping for those "I went to Sedona and all I got was this t-shirt" moments? You betcha. I actually *enjoyed* the five-minute drives to the trails, because even those short jaunts were a visual feast. Plus, the peace and quiet at the Inn? Absolute GOLD after a day of exploring. It’s like… your own little sanctuary from the Sedona circus.

I'm Not a Super-Rich Person. Is Southwest Inn Out of My Budget?

Okay, Let's be brutally honest for a second, Sedona isn't exactly known for bargain-basement lodging. But Southwest Inn is surprisingly reasonable, ESPECIALLY considering what you're getting. I've stayed in places with less-impressive views that cost *more*. Look, do your homework, comparison shop, and maybe save up a teensy bit. But trust me, the value for the experience? Totally worth it. Think of it as an investment in your sanity, your Instagram feed, and your general happiness. (Seriously, the photos... *chef's kiss*...) And seriously, don't be afraid to call and check for specials. Sometimes they have some wild deals.

The Rooms: Are They Just Basic Accommodations with a Great View, or...?

This is important. The rooms are *not* just basic. They're clean, comfortable, and thoughtfully decorated. I mean, you're not talking Ritz-Carlton luxury, but it's cozy, well-maintained, and honestly, you'll be spending most of your time staring out the window anyway. I remember the first time I saw my room - it was clean, it had a comfy bed, and the view… oh, the view. I honestly just stood there, slack-jawed, for a good five minutes, probably looking like some kind of idiot. The little patio was a godsend! Morning coffee with that panorama? YES, PLEASE. And honestly? I'm a sucker for a good, clean bathroom. This place has it.

Breakfast? Included or Scramble Over?

Breakfast is INCLUDED, baby! It's not a giant buffet, but it's a solid continental spread. Think pastries, fruit, yogurt, maybe some bagels, and coffee that'll actually wake you up (essential after a long day hiking). I'm not a huge breakfast person, but even *I* enjoyed it. And the best part? You can take your coffee out to your patio and enjoy the views while you eat. Literally, the breakfast is a cherry on top of an already amazing experience. Seriously, after a few days, I started sneaking extra pastries for the road. Don't judge me.

Anything I Should Definitely Know Before Booking? Any Downsides?

Alright, realism time. It's not perfect, nothing is. Here's the deal:
The Internet Situation: It’s not the strongest. If you're glued to your Wi-Fi for work or streaming, be prepared for some… patience-testing moments. Embrace the digital detox, people! It's good for the soul (and your eyes, which'll be busy staring at the scenery anyway).
The Noise: Look, sounds can carry in the desert. There's the occasional road noise, but it's not a consistent issue (and the silence is amazing). Also sometimes, some other guests sound like they're attempting to yodel. In my experience.
The Pool: They have a pool, which is nice, but it's not a massive resort pool.
My Big, Fat Complaint: Leaving. Leaving is the worst part. Trust me.

Okay, But Let's Talk About *The View* Again. Seriously. Detail It for Me. Paint me a Picture.

Okay, fine. You twisted my arm. Where do I even begin? The colors. Oh, the colors! The red rocks morph and shift with the light. In the morning, it's all soft, rosy hues as the sun kisses the cliffs. Then, as the day goes on, the reds deepen, the shadows lengthen, and the whole scene becomes this giant, dramatic painting. You've got Cathedral Rock, Courthouse Butte, Bell Rock... they're all there, posing for you. It’s a symphony of textures, shadows, and light. I remember one evening, right before sunset, I was sitting on my patio with a glass of wine (highly recommended, by the way), and I swear I saw colors I'd never seen before. Like a painter had gone wild with a palette of fire and magic. It was so overwhelming, I started to tear up. Don't judge. The views were so beautiful. It's impossible to accurately describe the majesty of their views, the color shifts, the air. The sheer *presence* of those rocks is breathtaking. You can feel the energy. It’s the kind of view that makes you question everything. Seriously. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Is Southwest Inn Good for a Romantic Getaway?

Dude, YES. Absolutely. Romantic. The views are inherently romantic. Picture this: You and your significant other, sipping wine, watching the sunset paint the red rocks. No screaming kids. Just… peace. It’s the perfect setting for a proposal, a vow renewal, or just a reallyInstant Hotel Search

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States

Southwest Inn at Sedona Sedona (AZ) United States