Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Klagan @ Riverson, Kota Kinabalu!

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Klagan @ Riverson, Kota Kinabalu!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glistening, shimmering world of Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Klagan @ Riverson, Kota Kinabalu! And let me tell you, after my stay there, it's not just a tagline, it's practically a promise. Now, I'm not one for sugarcoating, so expect a review that's as real as my questionable tan lines after a week in the Sabah sun.

First Impressions & Accessibility: Or, How Well Can You Actually Get Around?

Look, I travel… a lot. And one of the first things I check is whether a place welcomes those with mobility issues. The Klagan gets a gold star. Accessibility is clearly a priority. The elevator is thankfully large enough for anyone, the public areas are generally well laid out, and I saw several ramps. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I'm always acutely aware of this issue whilst writing my reviews. Facilities for disabled guests are, on paper, listed, and that warms my cynical heart.

Getting my Grub On (and the Important Stuff: Cleanliness, Safety, & Staying Connected)

Alright, let's get to the good stuff: food and keeping the world at your fingertips. This is where The Klagan really shines.

  • Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure!

    The sheer volume of choices is almost overwhelming (in a good way!). The restaurants offer a serious spread. I’m talking Asian cuisine, Western cuisine…the works! I mean, they even have a vegetarian restaurant! (Finally, a place that understands my cravings outside the realm of grilled flesh!) The breakfast buffet (because, let's be honest, who doesn't love a buffet?) was an absolute beast. Everything from fresh fruit to perfectly cooked eggs. And, yes, there was coffee/tea in the restaurant, and a coffee shop, too. Because no one should skip a morning caffeine fix. Happy hour at the bar? Absolutely. The poolside bar? You betcha. I mean, who’s not going to chill by the pool with a cocktail? And for all you late-night snackers out there (guilty!), room service [24-hour] is your savior. I might have ordered a midnight burger…or three. Don't judge! A la carte in restaurant is a great alternative to buffet.

  • Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe & Sound

    Okay, this is important, and I watched for these closely. This hotel is clearly takes sanitation seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products are used, the staff are trained in safety protocol, and they even have sterilizing equipment. I saw clear evidence of dedication in daily disinfection in common areas. They offer rooms sanitized between stays and professional-grade sanitizing services. I mean, this is a huge plus. Hand sanitizer stations are everywhere, and they do offer hygiene certification, all of which really put your mind at ease. The safe dining setup gave me peace of mind, and I appreciated how staff trained in safety protocol.

  • Internet Access & Connectivity: Staying Digital

    In this day and age, being disconnected is practically a crime. Thankfully, The Klagan understands. This hotel offers everything you need! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas. The connection speeds were surprisingly decent. I could actually upload those ridiculously long videos of my trip to YouTube (the real reason I paid for the room!) and even stream some Netflix in the evening when the brain needed its rest.

  • The Room: My Own Little Oasis

    My room. Oh, my room. It was an experience within itself. You could choose from Non-smoking rooms although you could smoke in the Smoking area. I mean, the Air conditioning was a life-saver. But let's talk about the important stuff: **Air conditioning, Bathrobes, Slippers, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker, Slippers, Free bottled water, Minibar, Mini bar, Refrigerator, and a *desk* big enough to actually work on, and a safe to stash your passport and jewels. And of course, good Wi-Fi [free], but I have said that already. And, for those who may need to stay connected, there is a Laptop workspace. The blackout curtains are another winner for those who like dark rooms. And, of course, the daily housekeeping! You get all the basics of a good room.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spoil Me Rotten!

Alright, if you’re here to do more than just eat and sleep (blasphemy!), The Klagan's got you covered.

  • Pool, Spa, and Ultimate Relaxation!

    The swimming pool is gorgeous, and it overlooks the city! The Pool with view is just magic!. I may have spent a significant portion of my stay there, soaking up the sun. They have a Spa, and a Spa/sauna, and a Sauna and a Steamroom! I had the most amazing massage ever, and it went deep. I have never felt so relaxed. I felt like a new(er) human afterwards! They also offer a foot bath and body scrub and body wrap.

  • Fitness & Body Care

    So, you're feeling guilty about all the delicious food? They have a Fitness center, along with a Gym/fitness offering to get your sweat on!

  • More Fun Stuff!

    They have a terrace where you can chill and do some people-watching. You could also host an event with the Audio-visual equipment for special events, or enjoy a Happy hour at the nearby bar.

Services & Conveniences: Smooth Sailing

  • The Mundane Stuff (That Matters!)

    Daily housekeeping is a must-have. The Concierge was fantastic and helpful, and the front desk [24-hour] is a great help! They offer Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, and even a Luggage storage. They also offer Safe deposit boxes, and good Safety/security feature! There are safety/security feature and security [24-hour]. The elevator makes everything so much easier. You could get your money exchanged at Currency exchange and even have Cash withdrawal available!

  • Business & Events!

    They have Business facilities, include Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Seminars, and On-site event hosting. They offer Audio-visual equipment for special events.

  • Getting Around: Car Park, Airport Transfer & Taxi Service!

    Car park [free of charge] is a massive bonus! You could also avail of Airport transfer, Taxi service, and Car power charging station.

  • For the Kids

    If you have children, Babysitting service and Kids facilities are available.

The Quirks & Imperfections (Because Life Isn't Perfect)

Listen, no place is flawless. Here's what I noticed… (Remember, I'm being honest here!)

  • While the room sanitization opt-out available, well, it’s still a bit of a concern for me at this price point.
  • Occasionally, the Wi-Fi, although Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, can get a little spotty.
  • A few staff members were a little… flustered during the busy hours.

The Bottom Line: Is The Klagan Worth It?

Absolutely. For the price, the location, the amenities, and the sheer effort they put into making guests feel pampered, The Klagan is a winner. It's a place where you can genuinely relax, recharge, and enjoy the beauty of Kota Kinabalu. I would 100% go back. And, trust me, I’m a tough critic!


Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Klagan @ Riverson, Kota Kinabalu!

Here's my "Book Now!" Offer:

Tired of the same old vacations? Crave a getaway where luxury meets genuine relaxation?

Then stop scrolling!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Klagan @ Riverson, Kota Kinabalu! isn't just a hotel; it's an escape. Picture yourself:

  • Sinking into a plush bed in your impeccably designed room, complete with free high-speed Wi-Fi and all the creature comforts you could desire.
  • Feasting on a culinary adventure with an array of dining options, from authentic Asian cuisine to mouthwatering Western dishes, all available with just a few steps from your door!
  • Melting away stress in the spa with a massage, then floating in an outdoor pool with a view that'll take your breath away.
  • **Exploring the
Jakarta's HOTTEST 1BR: The Boulevard Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your grandma's perfectly curated travel itinerary. This is… well, it's MY itinerary for The Klagan @ Riverson Hotel & Residence in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. And frankly, it's going to be a glorious mess. Let's do this.

My Klagan Kerfuffle: A Kota Kinabalu Adventure

Day 1: Arrival and Absolute Exhaustion (and maybe a tiny, panicked breakdown)

  • Morning (like, way too early): Flight from… well, who cares! Let's just say it involved questionable airplane food and a screaming toddler. I'm pretty sure I aged a decade just on the journey. Arrive at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI). Wow. Heat. Humidity. Immediately regretting packing only linen. Why did I think that was smart?
    • Anecdote: Finding my way to the pre-booked Taxi. I swore I paid extra for this, and I think they are charging me more for the luggage.
    • Imperfection: My phone died while trying to navigate to grab my suitcase. Almost lost it.
  • Afternoon: Finally, finally, at The Klagan! Checked in. The lobby is actually lovely, thankfully. Those pictures online didn't lie. Briefly considered collapsing on a sofa and not leaving for the rest of the trip, but gotta stay strong. Finding my room. The air conditioning is a godsend. Thank. The. Gods.
    • Quirky Observation: The elevator music is some bizarre elevator-esque version of pop songs. I'm pretty sure I can hear a kazoo in there. It's both soothing and slightly deranged.
  • Evening: Okay, the plan was a "relaxing stroll by the waterfront" and a "delicious seafood dinner." Reality? Immediately changed into swimwear, and went straight to the pool, which was nice, not very calm, kids yelling. Dinner? Found this seafood restaurant that was rated well online. The food was great, but I think I ended up ordering a dish I saw in an Instagram post. I think I had a bit of a panic attack when I realised how hungry I was. Now, back to the room. Lights out. Tomorrow, proper exploring. Maybe. Pray for me.

Day 2: Market Mayhem and Island Dreams (Mostly Just Dreams)

  • Morning: Wake up! (Sort of). Actually, I woke up to the sound of… construction. Malaysia seems determined to build on every single available surface. Curse the early birds. Forced myself out of bed. Breakfast at the hotel. Standard buffet fare. Ate way too many pastries.
    • Messier Structure: Okay, I need coffee. Lots of it. Where's that coffee pot? I had to go out, find coffee. Finding the perfect coffee shop is a personal quest.
    • Emotional Reaction: Ugh, the construction noise is giving me anxiety, and I'm definitely too tired to deal with the crowds. Someone please give me a hug.
  • Afternoon: The local market. I swear, the colours! The smells! The sheer volume of everything is overwhelming. Found some weird and wonderful fruits. Bought a durian because, you know, when in Rome…or, you know, Kota Kinabalu. I'm still not sure whether to be impressed or repulsed by Durian.
    • Rambles: I was supposed to negotiate prices, but I just ended up staring, intimidated by the vendors. Why am I so useless at this?
  • Evening: Supposed to go on a boat trip to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, but I woke up in the afternoon and decided to stay at the room. Ordered in-room. Watched a movie. It was a good day, even if it wasn't the way I wanted it to be.

Day 3: The Mount Kinabalu Fiasco (or, Why I Should Stick to Pools)

  • Morning: Today's the day! Mount Kinabalu! I am going to conquer the world. Booked this ages ago. Excited, nervous, and now… utterly terrified.
    • Opinionated Language: My hiking shoes are more like "gentle stroll" shoes. This might be a problem.
    • Natural Pacing: Got up early. The hotel breakfast was actually pretty good. Coffee. Needed.
  • Afternoon: A total disaster. I got halfway up the mountain, and I am not as fit as I thought. Back down, I was sore and angry at myself.
  • Evening: Back at the Klagan, nursing my aching knees. The hotel has a spa. Yes, please. The massage was heavenly. Absolutely worth every single penny. Feeling human again. Dinner at hotel, went to bed early.

Day 4: Culture Shock and Shopping Spree

  • Morning: Another attempt at exploring the city. Went to the Sabah State Museum. Fascinating exhibits.
  • Afternoon: Shopping! Found some cool Batik fabrics that I love. The shops were crowded, but the purchases were worth it.
  • Evening: Goodbye dinner at a restaurant. Ordered way too much food. Everything was delicious, though. Walked around the city with friends. Going to bed.

Day 5: Departure – And the Question of "When Can I Come Back?"

  • Morning: One last breakfast at the hotel. Checked out. Reflecting on the chaos, the beauty, and the sheer exhaustion of this trip.
    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: I don't want to leave! I’m already planning my return.
  • Afternoon: Flight back.

Minor categories (because things never go as planned):

  • Transportation: Mostly taxis and Grab (thank God for Grab!). One disastrous attempt to take a local bus. Never again.
  • Food: Too much delicious food. Seafood, spices, and questionable street food that I’d happily eat again.
  • Accommodation: The Klagan was a lifesaver. Clean, comfortable, and the staff were lovely. Definitely recommend.
  • Personal notes: I need to learn some basic Malay phrases. And maybe how to negotiate a better price. And definitely need to improve my fitness levels!

This itinerary is just a snapshot of my truly unique, chaotic, and utterly wonderful trip. It's a testament to the fact that travel isn’t always perfect. It's about embracing the mess, the mishaps, and the moments that make you laugh (or cry) and realizing that, even with all imperfections. You may never have a perfect trip. But you can have an unforgettable one. And that, my friends, is a real triumph.

Escape to Paradise: JJ Double Room 403, Taichung Awaits!

Book Now

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: The Klagan @ Riverson, Kota Kinabalu – Let's Get Real (and Maybe a Little Messy)

Okay, So, "Unbelievable Luxury?" Is it *Really*? Or Just...Fancy Photos?

Alright, let's start here. My skepticism meter? Cranked to eleven. "Unbelievable Luxury" is the kind of marketing jargon that usually triggers my eye-roll reflex. And yes, the photos? Gorgeous. Pool glittering, cocktails practically begging to be Instagrammed. But here’s the deal… I actually stayed there. And... hold on, let me just grab another cup of coffee... because this is gonna be a journey.
It was… a mixed bag, okay? The lobby? Impeccable. Like, straight out of an Architectural Digest spread. But then the elevators... they had a *character* of their own. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes… a mild existential crisis during the ascent. So, is it *unbelievable*? Parts of it, yeah. Parts of it… are trying *really* hard. More on that later.

What Actually Is "Riverson?" I'm Confused.

Riverson? Think of it like a mini-city. Shopping, dining, apartments, and, of course, Klagan. It’s right on the water - prime real estate! That whole "riverfront" thing? Yep, you’re looking at it. The location is arguably its biggest selling point. Everything's within a comfortable walk or a quick Grab ride. You want a massage at 2 AM? Okay, maybe not that convenient. But really close to a lot of things. But also, sometimes, you feel a bit… cut off. Like you're in a luxurious bubble, and sometimes the real Kota Kinabalu feels just a *little* bit further away.

Let's Talk Rooms. Worth the Hype (and the Price)?

The rooms... ah, the rooms! Okay, here comes a confession. I, a humble blogger, was *slightly* overwhelmed. I’m used to, you know, standard hotel rooms. This was… *not* standard. Huge windows. A bathtub big enough to swim in (almost). That fluffy white robe situation? Heavenly!
But here's the (totally minor) cracks showing. The pillows? A little too fluffy. Like, my neck was screaming for mercy. The espresso machine? I, the *expert* coffee consumer, fumbled with it for a good fifteen minutes before it finally worked. And the view... well, it depended. Mine was great. Someone else’s might have been of another building. That is the real reality of a building with more than 10 floors...
So, worth the price? That's the real question. It depends on your budget and what you’re looking for. If you’re aiming for pure pampering, and you don't mind paying for it, probably yes. If you’re more of a budget traveler, maybe not. But, I'm not gonna lie, the memory of that bathtub... *sigh*.

The Pool. The Holy Grail of Instagram. Does it Live Up?

Okay, the pool. The place where everyone looks effortlessly glamorous. Yes, the photos are real. It's gorgeous. Infinity edge, overlooking the water, that stunning KK sunset… My own personal experience and observation? Finding a sun lounger was a competitive sport akin to the Hunger Games. Seriously. People were out there, claiming their territory at dawn. I swear, I saw towels strategically placed before breakfast! I’m a laid-back person. Really. But this… this was a challenge.
But once you get a sunbed? It is absolute bliss. The water is perfect. The cocktails are... well, let's just say they are photogenic. And forgetting the sunbed quest, the pool itself? Yeah, it lives up. It genuinely does. Pure relaxation. Sun on your skin, the gentle sound of the water… Okay, I’m getting nostalgic. I need another trip back!

Food: The Restaurants Within. What's the Vibe?

Food! This is where it gets interesting. The Klagan has several restaurants, and the options are decent, if a little… predictable? There's your typical fancy restaurant, which, let's be honest, caters to the hotel guests, which is, in itself, a slightly isolating experience (I'll get back to that).
I tried the Asian-fusion place. My Pad Thai was pretty good! But not mind-blowing. The breakfast buffet? Extensive, but again, not exactly gourmet (I loved the fresh fruit though). And the service? Generally attentive, but occasionally a bit… robotic. Like, beautifully trained robots.
Here's the truth: I preferred eating *outside* the hotel. Kota Kinabalu has some amazing local food! Delicious, affordable, and totally authentic. So, the hotel restaurants? Convenient, yes. Culinary must-haves? Maybe not. Go explore! That's my advice. It gets you out of the bubble where you are stuck with other hotel guests.

Spa Time! Is the Spa as Luxurious as They Claim?

The spa… Ah, yes. Where the real pampering begins, and the credit card gets another workout! I did the works. Massage, facial, the whole shebang. The ambiance was lovely, all soft lighting and calming scents. The massage? Yes, it was amazing. Truly. I actually fell asleep (that's a good sign!).
Now, the imperfections. I *think* the air conditioning was a little… enthusiastic, and that I was shivering slightly. The facial… was good, really it was. But then there was this moment where the therapist, mid-application, started talking about the price of the products. I was momentarily jolted out of my zen-like state as I was given a sales pitch. Like, "Is this a spa, or a cosmetic clinic?"
Overall? Worth it, yes. But maybe, just maybe, not *quite* as perfect as the brochure suggests. Still, I am looking for another masseuse. My shoulders thank me.

Anything Else That "Surprised" You? (good or bad). Spill the Tea!

Okay, here's a few random observations: * The staff? Mostly lovely. Always friendly and helpful. But the friendliness sometimes felt a little… manufactured. Like they *had* to be nice. * The gym. It had all the equipment you could possibly need. But I only visited it once. Actually maybeRooms And Vibes

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia

THE KLAGAN @ RIVERSON HOTEL & RESIDENCE Kota Kinabalu Malaysia