Hong Kong High-Rise Heaven: IC 2BR Rooftop Oasis w/ Sky Bar, Pool & Gym!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're diving headfirst into the gleaming, glass-and-concrete jungle that is Hong Kong High-Rise Heaven: IC 2BR Rooftop Oasis w/ Sky Bar, Pool & Gym! Prepare for a review that's less "corporate brochure" and more "spilled coffee and half-formed thoughts."
(Deep breath… here we go!)
Okay, first things first: the name is a mouthful. But does the place live up to the hype? Let's break it down, shall we?
Accessibility (Let's get this crucial stuff out of the way):
- Wheelchair Accessible? Okay, this is where it gets a bit… vague, depending on where you are in the building. While I didn't personally use a wheelchair, the description implies accessibility. Big blinking question mark for me. I need more concrete details. Elevator access should be fine, as it’s in a high-rise.
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: Another vague one. Needs to be much clearer. Let's hope it has the basics. Seriously, folks, this is 2024.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, you know, the world):
- Anti-viral cleaning: Sounds promising, but show me the proof! (Maybe I sound like a paranoid now).
- Daily disinfection and professional-grade sanitizing: Okay, now we're talking. Gotta love that.
- Room sanitization opt-out: Good! It's nice to have the option to opt out of sanitization. Less is more!
- Hand Sanitizer: Essential.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Vital.
- Safe dining setup: Always preferred.
- Sterilizing Equipment: Great.
- Hygiene certification: Great.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Okay.
- Cashless payment service: Pretty essential these days.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Ideally they deliver, but in Hong Kong you'll find that is not always possible at all times. However, they should be making an effort.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Crucial.
- Shared stationery removed: Good.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Yep.
- Essential condiments: Important.
- First aid kit: Very good.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Also good.
The “Good Stuff” – AKA, Amenities That Make You Go "Ooh!"
- The Rooftop Oasis Life: Okay, I'm picturing myself right now… Sunlight streaming into a infinity edge pool on the roof. Sky bar… But, well, I wasn't there. I'm not sure about the view. I'm guessing awesome? Seriously, a rooftop pool in Hong Kong is worth its weight in gold. Pool with a View? Oh yes, please. I'm craving it.
- Sky Bar: Let's hope they have a good selection of cocktails and aren't too ridiculously priced. The sky bar feels like this places main selling point.
- Gym/Fitness Center: Gotta sweat out those dim sum calories, right? I hope it's got decent equipment. Nothing worse than a sad hotel gym.
- Spa/Sauna, Steamroom, Body Scrub, Body Wrap, Massage, Foot bath: Alright, alright, alright! (Cue the McConaughey impression). This place is SERIOUS about relaxation. And they have Sauna. A sauna overlooking Hong Kong? Yes, please!
- Swimming pool [outdoor], Poolside bar: That's living the dream, people. Imagine sipping a cocktail by that pool… pure bliss.
- Breakfast in Room: A little bit of luxury. Nice to have the option, especially if you're hungover from the night before.
- Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, A la carte in restaurant, Breakfast service: Buffet? Awesome. Asian? Gotta have it. Western? Sure, why not.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee Shop: Caffeine is life.
- Happy hour: Yes, please!
- Restaurants, Bar, Poolside bar, Snack bar, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: Options, options, options. This place appears to aim for a variety!
- Room service [24-hour]: Crucial. Especially for those late-night cravings or early-morning jet lag.
- Bottle of water: A small touch, but a welcome one.
Rooms and Tech (The practical stuff):
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services: Thank you, sweet baby Jesus! Free Wi-Fi again, again, and again! This is non-negotiable in this day and age
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens Everything you need, it seems, from a comfy bed to a good internet connection. The stuff you expect from a nice hotel, it’s all there.
Services and Conveniences (The "little helpers"):
- Concierge, Doorman, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Luggage storage, Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Food delivery, Airport transfer, Taxi service: The usual suspects, but essential.
- Business Facilities: Xerox/fax, meetings, seminars, meeting stationery. Good if you need to mix business with pleasure.
- Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Kids facilities, Kids meal: This caters to families.
- Air conditioning in public area, Elevator: Necessary.
- Non-smoking rooms: Good for the smoke-averse among us.
- Room Decorations, Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: Important.
- Parking: Free & Valet Parking. Nice.
Things to Do (besides just existing):
- For The Kids: It's worth a mention that they have kids' facilities.
- Couple's room, Proposal spot, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events: Sounds romantic! Could be really good if you are looking for a spot to propose.
- CCTV, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain: Very good.
- Car Parking: Bonus!
Now, the REAL unfiltered thoughts:
This place sounds incredible. The rooftop pool, the sky bar, the spa… It has all the makings of a luxurious Hong Kong escape. However, I'm a little bit worried about how old the photos are. It's all well and good to say you have all these amenities, but the proof is in the prawn dumpling (or, you know, the actual experience). I really want to know more about the level of disability access. This is something they need to clarify ASAP. I really hope they step up their game on that front.
The Ideal Guest:
This is for the traveler who wants a taste of luxury, who appreciates a great view, and who isn't afraid to spend a little extra. For the person who wants a proper spa day. It could be a great option for a couple looking for a romantic getaway.
The Verdict (Without Me Actually Staying There… Yet):
Based on the description, Hong Kong High-Rise Heaven could be a dream. I'm hoping they do accessibility properly. The amenities are impressive, the location is likely top-notch, and the promise of relaxation is strong.
Recommendation?
Here's a compelling offer for Hong Kong High-Rise Heaven: IC 2BR Rooftop Oasis w/ Sky Bar, Pool & Gym!
Tired of the grey? Craving a sky-high escape?
Book your escape to Hong Kong High-Rise Heaven: IC 2BR Rooftop Oasis and receive:
- Guaranteed access to that iconic Rooftop Pool with unparalleled city views! (Seriously, just imagine the Instagram!)
- An exclusive complimentary cocktail at the Sky Bar, because you deserve a little liquid sunshine.
- A 15% discount on spa treatments – because you also deserve a massage (or three).
- **Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-manicured itinerary. We're going to Hong Kong, baby, and it’s gonna be…well, whatever it’s gonna be. Prepare for the gloriously messy truth.
ITINERARY: HONG KONG – IC 2BR HIGH FLR (…and all the bells and whistles!)
Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lagged Shenanigans (aka, “I swear I packed differently”)
- 11:00 AM (Hong Kong Time): Land at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). Ugh, the air conditioning is always a bit too aggressive at airports, right? I feel like I’m stepping into a walk-in freezer. (Anxiety rising… did I pack enough socks?)
- 12:00 PM: Immigration and baggage claim. Okay, breathe. The line looks… manageable? Wait, what’s that smell? Did someone bring durian?! (My stomach rebels a little.)
- 1:00 PM: Taxi to the IC 2BR High Flr. Finally. I swear, I spent an hour arguing with my suitcase back in the States. "NO, I don't need that many shoes!" …(Lies.) The taxi ride. Oh, the taxi ride. The sheer, energetic chaos of these tiny roads is pure poetry, honestly.
- 2:00 PM: Check-in. Praying the room doesn’t look like the pictures. And that the bed is comfortable. Jet lag is already creeping in. My brain feels like it’s full of cotton candy.
- 2:30 PM: Room reveal! Fingers crossed. Opens the door. YES! Okay, this is actually… stunning. (I might have done some preliminary Googling of the view.) A quick tour: High floor, check. Rooftop access, double check. Sky bar, pool, gym… this is going to be awesome! Already mentally planning my victory swim.
- 3:00 PM: Unpack. Attempt #1. Discover I forgot my favorite travel pillow. Furious internal screaming. Instead, I settle in with a long, hot shower to rinse off all the airplane grime.
- 4:00 PM: Nap time! Or, at least, attempt nap time. My brain is still saying "GO! EXPLORE!"… but my body is screaming "SLEEP YOU FOOL!"
- 6:00 PM: Wake up with a jolt, convinced it's the middle of the night. Snack on some instant noodles from the hotel (because jet lag brain can't handle complicated food).
- 7:00 PM: Stumble out for a very, very basic dinner. Okay, so I'm not sure what I ordered, but it tasted… delicious? (Jet lag is a culinary superpower, apparently.)
- 8:00 PM: Collapsed in bed, scrolling through Instagram, utterly unable to form coherent thoughts.
- 9:00 PM: Lights out. (Probably will wake up at 3 AM, convinced I've missed something important.)
Day 2: A Cantonese Adventure (and Mild Panic)
- 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up, inexplicably bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. (Jet lag: gone? A miracle!)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. (Buffets: my nemesis, my comfort zone.) Try everything! Regret nothing!
- 9:00 AM: First REAL adventure begins! Head out to explore the surrounding neighborhood. I was supposed to research a bit, but let's be honest, "winging it" is basically my travel philosophy.
- 9:30 AM: Get completely, gloriously, wonderfully lost. It's the best way to feel the pulse of a new city, right? (Maybe.) I stumble into a tiny alleyway, and the air is alive with the scents of cooking, the clang of metal, and the chatter of a language I barely understand. Amazing.
- 11:00 AM: Dim sum! After a bit of searching, I locate a place that seems promising. (Read: overflowing with locals). The waiter doesn't speak much English, and I don't speak much Cantonese. This is either going to be a disaster or a hilarious triumph. (Verdict: Triumph!) Every bite is a revelation. The har gow… the siu mai… the cha siu bao! My pants might be getting tighter, but I care not!
- 1:00 PM: Explore the local markets. The colors, the smells, the energy! It's a sensory overload in the best way possible. I try to haggle over a souvenir, but end up paying way too much. (I should probably learn the art of bartering.)
- 3:00 PM: Mandatory rooftop pool session. I make it! The view is… breathtaking. Taking a dip with the city spread out before me feels so unbelievably good. I can see the sky bar, and I see some people on the upper deck. I contemplate if I should go up, but the pool is too good to leave!
- 5:00 PM: Nap time…again! No regrets.
- 7:00 PM: Skybar time! I venture up to the bar with a little trepidation. But, the cocktail is even more amazing than the view. I feel that the vibe is a bit posh, but so am I.
- 9:00 PM: Fell into an easy conversation with a friendly couple from England. Sharing travel stories and laughing as strangers. This is why I travel!
- 10:00 PM: Bedtime. (Trying to avoid the Instagram scroll tonight.)
Day 3: Peak Experiences & Mid-Trip Meltdowns
- 8:00 AM: Gym is calling! This is the day, going to start the day with a fresh workout. I'll be honest, I hate gyms. I haven't seen a gym since March, and don't have any workout clothes. I throw on a t-shirt and shoes and head to the gym. Wow, its actually really great! And, the view is excellent.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast, and I head back to the room to get ready. Taking a long shower, putting on my favorite clothes, and heading out!
- 11:00 AM: Victoria Peak! The iconic tram ride is a little touristy, but the view absolutely justifies the hype. I spend a long time just… staring. It's that moment where you realize just how small you are, and how beautiful the world is. (Cue the cheesy music… but it's true!)
- 1:00 PM: I head over to the hiking trail that I've read about. I grab a snack and begin!
- 2:00 PM: It starts to rain… which, in turn, creates a mess of a hike. It was still fun, but a bit more strenuous.
- 3:00 PM: The mood swings. I walk back to the hotel… drenched and feeling a bit defeated. I don't want to explore anymore. I hate this city. I hate travel. I hate everything. (Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but the emotional crash is real.)
- 4:00 PM: I get back to the hotel and I realize that I'm hungry. I head to the rooftop bar and order a burger and a drink.
- 7:00 PM: The bar closes and I'm back in my room. I decide it is probably best to turn in early.
Day 4: A Day of Reckoning, (and Maybe More Dim Sum)
- 9:00 AM: Waking up, I feel renewed! No complaints. Maybe what I needed was a good night's sleep and a big burger.
- 10:00 AM: Time for shopping! It's a bit chaotic, but I find some things!
- 1:00 PM: I head towards the harbor and hop on a ferry! Enjoying a drink, I watch the city pass me by.
- 3:00 PM: I head to a different part of the city, and wander around. Seeing different shops and restaurants.
- 5:00 PM: Ready for dinner! Dim Sum again? Yes!
- 7:00 PM: Back to the hotel for a nightcap at the rooftop bar!
- 9:00 PM: Lights out, and ready for the next day!
Day 5: Departure - The Bitter Sweet Reality
- 9:00 AM: Pack up. I'm going to start!
- 11:00 AM: Check out. So long, you beautiful beast. So long, amazing hotel, so long Hong Kong.
- 12:00 PM: Head to the airport.
- 1:00 PM: Arrive to the airport.
- 2:00 PM: Go through security and wait for my flight.
Important Notes: