
Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Cabanas in Mazamitla, Mexico
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Cabanas in Mazamitla, Mexico. Forget those sterile, predictable reviews. I'm here to give you the REAL deal, warts and all, because honestly, that's what you really want, right? And trust me, after spending a week there, I’ve got stories…
Let's start with the basics, shall we? And before you even think about it, yes, I Googled "Escape to Paradise Mazamitla review" a zillion times. Gotta know the competition, you know? Here's my honest, unvarnished take:
Getting There & Accessibility (Sort of)
Okay, so "accessibility" is… a work in progress. Mazamitla itself is gorgeous, a mountain town dripping with charm. But navigating it, especially if you have mobility issues, can be a tad challenging. Cobblestone streets, steep inclines… it's not exactly a wheelchair-friendly paradise. I saw one ramp, and it looked like it hadn't been used since the Spanish arrived.
Escape to Paradise does mention "Facilities for disabled guests," which I appreciated, but I'd call ahead and drill down exactly what that means. Don't just assume. Double-check. Triple-check. I'm talking about things like specific room accessibility, ramps at the cabanas themselves, and accessible routes around the property. If you need it, don't be shy about asking questions. Really, don’t be.
The Cabanas: Where Paradise (Sometimes) Resides
The cabanas? They are luxurious, no lie. Think rustic-chic meets Instagrammable heaven. I stayed in a room with a "separate shower/bathtub" (more on that later), and it's like a cozy timber-frame-meets-Morrocan style. The "exterior corridor" adds to the romantic touch.
What I Loved: Seriously, the vibe is right. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" (and it actually works! A miracle!), a "safe box," a "mini bar" stocked with essentials, and a "coffee/tea maker." I was obsessed with the "bathrobes" and "slippers". I felt like royalty, or at least a very pampered blogger. I brought a bunch of my own "complimentary tea" and I kept my water bottles in the "refrigerator."
The Quirky Bits: My shower situation was… interesting. The "separate shower/bathtub" thing meant the shower was in a glass box, and the bathtub was… well, a bathtub. Which was great. But the water pressure? Let's just say I've experienced stronger breezes. One morning, the water ran completely cold. And in the mountains, let me tell you, cold showers are an experience, not a pleasure. But hey, this is the real world, right? Not everything is perfect. I was happy, though, to see that they had "smoke detectors" and "fire extinguishers" and "safety/security features" galore. I saw "extra long bed" and the "blackout curtains" were definitely a lifesaver for my Sunday morning sleeping in. "Non-smoking," perfect for someone such as myself.
Things That Could Improve: I wish there had been more outlets near the bed. I'm clinging to my phone, my life would be completely disrupted if I wasn't able to plug it in to charge. I love an "alarm clock," but let's keep it real.
Dining, Drinking, and (Attempting) to Snack
Ah, the food. This is where things get… diverse. There are several "restaurants" on-site. Escape to Paradise offers both "Western" and "Asian" cuisines. I tried the "Asian breakfast" hoping for something spicier and with a little more flavor. I have a feeling it would have been a lot better if I wasn't hungover, and I'm sure that's my fault and not the food's. I also noticed "vegetarian" options, and I'm thinking I should have tried those the whole time.
The Good: The "poolside bar" is a win. Picture this: sun, ice-cold cerveza, and a view. Bliss. They also have "coffee/tea in restaurant" and they got to know my order pretty quickly.
The Not-So-Good: Food delivery? Don't count on it. Room service? Only 24 hours, great. I will say, some of the "a la carte in restaurant" dishes were pricey, and the quality didn't always match the cost. One afternoon, I ordered a "salad in restaurant" that arrived looking like it had had better days.
Important Note: A word to the wise I went on a "happy hour" and I really overdid it.
Relaxation & Things to Do: Paradise Found (and Sometimes Lost)
This is where Escape to Paradise truly shines. They’re leaning into the whole "escape" thing.
Spa Day Dreams: The "Spa" is a MUST. I was lucky enough to experience the "massage", "body scrub", and the "body wrap." They have a "sauna" and a "steamroom" I tried them all.
The Pool with a View: The "swimming pool [outdoor]" is gorgeous. Especially at sunset. The "pool with a view" is truly stunning. Get there early to snag a good spot.
Fitness Fiends: Oh, and for those of you who like to sweat, there's a "fitness center" and a "gym/fitness." I may have skipped this part.
Other Niceties: They offer "foot bath", which I did not try.
Cleanliness & Safety: Not Just Lip Service?
This is a big one right now. I was relieved to see Escape to Paradise taking things seriously.
Positive Signs: "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Hand sanitizer" everywhere, and staff "trained in safety protocol." They also use "anti-viral cleaning products." I saw a lot of it. And the cabanas themselves? "Rooms sanitized between stays." That's reassuring.
The Reality Check: I'm always a little skeptical. But I did feel safe. I didn't see a ton of extra efforts, to be honest. But the basic stuff was covered.
Services & Conveniences: The Extras That Make a Difference
Escape to Paradise offers a ton of stuff. Some wins, some misses.
The Good Stuff: "Concierge" service (extremely helpful), "daily housekeeping" (a blessing), and "laundry service" (saved me). They also have a "cash withdrawal" place.
Mixed Bag: "Food delivery" availability? Nonexistent, it seems. I had to go out and get my food. "Business facilities?" They provide "meeting stationery" for "meetings," but I do not business on vacation so I didn't use it.
Considerations: "Proposal spot" is available, that is a win if you are looking for a place to propose. "Front desk [24-hour]" is perfect for any need.
For the Kids (and Those Who Still Act Like Them)
I'm not a parent, but I did see families and I know from my own experience that it is a "family/child friendly" place, with "babysitting service."
My Honest Verdict (and a Compelling Offer)
Escape to Paradise in Mazamitla is a mixed bag. It's stunning, it's relaxing, and it's got enough quirks to keep things interesting. It is not perfect, but I didn't expect it to be. Yes, there are some rough edges, but the core experience - the cabanas, the spa, the views - is worth it.
Here’s the deal, folks: If you're looking for a picture-perfect, flawless vacation, maybe look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a genuine, unforgettable experience in a beautiful setting, with a hefty dose of indulgence… Book it.
Here's my compelling offer to you and why you'll love Escape to Paradise:
Escape to Paradise – Your Unforgettable Mazamitla Getaway
Embrace the Charm, Conquer the Relaxation!
- Luxurious Rustic Cabanas: Step into your own private haven. Picture yourself in a timber-frame-meets-Morrocan style. Soak in the vibe with "free Wi-Fi in all rooms!"
- Spa Delights: Unwind with a "massage", "body scrub", immerse yourself in the "sauna" and "steamroom" Get your bliss on.
- Poolside Bliss: Make the most of the pool with a view.
Book Now and Receive:
- A complimentary bottle of wine at check-in: To toast the start of your escape.
- 10% off spa services: Pamper yourself and truly relax.
Why Escape to Paradise?
- Unparalleled Views and Atmosphere: Breathe in the fresh mountain air, disconnect, and reconnect.
- Exceptional Service: (Despite a few quirks, the staff is genuinely trying their best.)
- Unforgettable Memories: This is the place to create them.
**Don’t wait! Limited availability.
Escape to Paradise: An Bang Beach's Hidden Gem Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup. Because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-packaged itinerary. This is Mazamitla, Cabanas Las Alazanas, and the glorious, messy, beautiful truth of it all. Prepare to have your little travel heart broken, mended, and maybe slightly traumatized by a rogue taco.
MAZAMITLA MADNESS: 4 Days of Cabana Chaos (and Maybe Some Tequila)
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Great Tortilla Debacle
- 8:00 AM - The Airport Agony (Guadalajara): Landed in Guadalajara. The air smells like chili peppers and the distant promise of adventure. Immigration was a breeze (thank god), and then the scramble for a rental car began. Found a sweet little Nissan Versa, which I promptly named "Verdant" (it was green).
- 9:00 AM - The Drive of Dreams (and Disasters): The GPS promised a scenic 2-hour drive to Mazamitla. And it partially delivered! Winding mountain roads, jaw-dropping vistas. The problem? I'm a terrible driver when I'm excited. Took a wrong turn, ended up on a dirt track that Verdant was not designed for. Honestly, thought we were going to die. Verdant handled it like a champ (once I stopped screaming).
- 11:00 AM - Arrival at Cabanas Las Alazanas: HOLY MOLY. The photos did not do this place justice. Rustic wood, crackling fireplaces, the smell of pine… It’s like the goddamn Swiss Alps, but, y'know, in Mexico, in a place so beautiful, I almost cried. First impressions: PERFECTION. The staff were friendly. My cabin, 'Cabana del Sueno' ("Cabin of Dreams" HA!), was actually a rustic dream.
- 12:00 PM - The Great Tortilla Debacle: Found a little tienda (corner store) to grab some snacks. Snagged some "fresh" tortillas. Let me tell you, I'm not sure how long ago they were made, but they were more like flavorless cardboard. Managed to wolf down 2 of them with some avocado, just for the protein, and almost choke.
- 2:00 PM - Exploring the Town (and Fighting Altitude Sickness): Mazamitla itself is like a film set. Cobblestone streets, brightly painted buildings. I think I’m in love with it. Started wandering, trying to get my bearings. Altitude is kicking my ass! Short bursts of walking, then collapsing on a bench. Every breath is a struggle.
- 4:00 PM - First Taco Ritual: Found a tiny taco stand. Ordered pastor tacos (pork marinated in pineapple, cooked on a vertical spit). THESE. WERE. HEAVEN. Maybe it was altitude sickness, but I inhaled them in about 30 seconds. And immediately wanted more.
- 6:00 PM - The Cabin Fire (and the Realization that I’m Clumsy): Got the fireplace going in the cabin. Feeling like a total badass mountain woman, until I almost set my own sweater on fire. Note to self: be less clumsy. Settled in with a book and a bottle of local red wine.
- 8:00 PM - Dinner at a Restaurant: Went to some place called "La Cabaña". The food was traditional, hearty, delicious, but… there was a mariachi band. And they played directly in front of me. It was glorious, but also a bit deafening. I just wanted to eat in peace and enjoy the ambience of mountain life.
Day 2: Hiking, Horses, and the Unexpected Embrace of Pain
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast of Champions (and Regret): Ate the leftover tacos. Regret. Altitude sickness is still kicking my butt.
- 9:00 AM - Hiking Horror: Hired a guide (a super charming local dude) and embarked on a hike. The views? Unbelievable. The climb? Brutal. The air? Thin. Seriously, I was convinced my lungs were going to explode. I seriously underestimated the difficulty of this freaking hike. I’m pretty sure my guide could have scaled Everest with his eyes closed. I, on the other hand, was basically crawling.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch (and the Discovery of Chorizo): Found a small place near a waterfall. Ate grilled chorizo and tortillas. The chorizo was spicy, smoky, and utterly addictive. I felt reborn. Pain is a beautiful companion
- 2:00 PM - Horseback Riding (or, the Art of Remaining Vertical): Decided to try horseback riding. I've ridden a horse maybe twice in my life. Let's just say I spent most of the time clinging on for dear life and praying I wouldn't fall off. My legs are going to kill me tomorrow.
- 4:00 PM - The Great Tequila Tasting: Local distillery. The tequila flowed. I learned about the different types, the aging process… and apparently, I'm very good at spilling tequila. The stuff the locals were making made it past the roof of my mouth.
- 6:00 PM - Cabin Chill (and Fireplace 2.0): Back at the cabin, nursing my aching muscles. Got the fireplace going again. This time, no incidents! Just the crackle of the fire, the scent of woodsmoke, and that feeling of pure contentment.
- 8:00 PM - Dinner at "El Jardin": Ate at El Jardin. The food was amazing, and a lot more sophisticated than day one. I was in heaven.
Day 3: Waterfalls, Wonder, and the Taco Redemption
- 9:00 AM - Waterfall Wonderland: Visited the Salto de la Cascada waterfall. It was beautiful, powerful. The water was freezing cold. I considered going swimming, but the thought of being in the water with all the mosquitos and other insects just didn't appeal.
- 11:00 AM - Village Visit: Visited the surrounding village. Bought some local handicrafts, talked to some locals (badly, my Spanish is terrible). They were so incredibly welcoming and friendly.
- 1:00 PM - Taco Redemption (and the Quest for the Perfect Taco): Back in town. Determined to find the ultimate taco. I ate around 5 tacos this day, trying different places and fillings.
- 3:00 PM - Relaxing and Reflection: Spent the afternoon chilling on the porch, enjoying the view. I'm not usually one for meditation, but the mountains are so peaceful, it helps to contemplate the meaning of life. I did a LOT of contemplating.
- 5:00 PM - "The Best Margarita Ever" (and the Subsequent Hangover): Found a bar that claimed to make the best margarita ever. They were right. They were also strong.
- 8:00 PM - Dinner at a small restaurant: Ate at a little restaurant, tucked away on a quiet side street. Amazing food, friendly service. It felt so authentic.
Day 4: Farewell, Verdant, and the Bitterweet Goodbye
- 8:00 AM - Sad Breakfast: Ate the last of the tortillas with some avocado and some eggs.
- 9:00 AM - Final Walkaround (and the Realization That I Don’t Want to Leave): Took one last walk around Mazamitla, savoring the last moments. Suddenly, I didn't want to leave.
- 11:00 AM - Goodbye, Verdant: Time to drive to Guadalajara. Said goodbye to Verdant, our trusty (and slightly traumatized) steed.
- 1:00 PM - Goodbye, Mazamitla: Reflected on my incredible journey. It was beautiful, challenging, and everything I'd hoped for.
- 5:00 PM - Departure (Guadalajara): Back to the airport. Sad, exhausted, and utterly fulfilled.
Post-Trip Thoughts:
- The Tortillas: Still haunted by those tortillas.
- The Tacos: Worth every single bite.
- The Altitude: I’m breathing easier now (thankfully).
- The People: The kindness of the people of Mazamitla is something I will never forget.
- Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Bring me the mountains, the tacos, and the chaos.

Escape to Paradise: Mazamitla Cabana FAQs (Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions!)
Okay, spill the beans. Is this place *actually* paradise? Or just Instagram paradise?
Alright, deep breath. Here's the deal. Mazamitla itself? Gorgeous, rustic, the air smells like pine and possibility. The cabanas... well, "Paradise" is a loaded word. I'm not gonna lie, walking into Escape to Paradise the first time, my jaw did drop. But then... the tiny, slightly wonky door handle on the bathroom made me snort-laugh. It's *almost* perfect. Like, a really, really attractive person with a quirky, endearing overbite. So, Instagram? Yes. Total, unadulterated paradise? Maybe, like 90% of the time. That other 10%? Welcome to real life, baby.
How do I even GET there? I picture myself lost and crying in a ravine, ngl.
Getting there is...an adventure. Seriously. The drive from Guadalajara is scenic, twisting roads, *beautiful* views, the kind you'd see in a car commercial. But, and this is a HUGE but, my GPS led us on a "shortcut" once. Let's just say, my car and I now have a very intimate relationship with the local pot-holed dirt roads. Recommendation? Stick to the main roads, download offline maps (trust me), and if you're prone to car sickness, pack the ginger chews. Oh, and don't trust the "2-hour" estimate. Add at least an hour. Or three. Depending on how easily distracted you are by the stunning scenery...or how often you need a desperate pee break. You've been warned.
The cabanas...are they actually luxurious? Because I'm picturing a leaky roof and a questionable showerhead.
Okay, fine, let's talk luxury *specifically*. They’re luxurious in a kind of cabin-chic way. Think: exposed beams, a fireplace that actually works (important!), and comfy beds you'll want to hibernate in. The showers *are* good, and the water is hot, which is a huge win in the mountains. BUT (big "but" here!) remember that quirky door handle? The "luxury" might include a slightly-less-than-perfectly-sealed window, or a tiny spider who *very* politely asked to share my bathroom (I let him stay – seemed chill). So, yes, luxurious-ish. Expect character. Expect charm. Expect *maybe* a tiny bit of rustic imperfection. And embrace it! It's part of the magic, honestly. Also, pack bug spray. Seriously.
What's the food situation like? I need options, and I'm not talking just beans and tortillas.
The food... okay, so here's something I learned the hard way. Don't assume you'll find Michelin-starred dining in the middle of the mountains. Mazamitla has some great restaurants, though! Go for the tacos! (Get the tacos al pastor. Just do it.) There's a little market with local cheeses (heaven), and if your cabana has a kitchen, go wild with the local produce. We actually cooked one night – disastrously, but hilariously. My partner set off the smoke alarm trying to make quesadillas. Romantic, right? You can *usually* find something good to eat. But the food isn't necessarily the *main* event. The views, the air, the feeling of being away from it all? *That's* the main course. Though a good taco does help. Always.
Okay, fine, I'm sold. What are the *must-dos* in Mazamitla? Give me the scoop.
Alright, listen up! Mazamitla is all about *slowing down*. But here's the deal:
- The Town Square: Wander around, admire the church (stunning!), eat ice cream. It's compulsory.
- Hiking: There are trails everywhere. We did one, got gloriously lost*, and it was amazing. Bring water. Lots of water. And a very loud sense of direction (if you have one). *We found our way eventually, don't worry. Mostly because the view was so good we couldn't not see it.
- Horseback Riding: They're everywhere! Honestly, I'm scared of horses, but I wanted to embrace the vibe, so I tried. It's a very slow, bumpy, and hilarious experience. Worth it for the Instagram photos alone.
- Just Breathe: Seriously. Sit on your cabana's balcony, drink coffee, and *breathe*. That's the magic. The internet is spotty, the phone signal is questionable, and that's a *good* thing.
What if it rains? Should I even bother?
Oh, it rains. It *definitely* rains. But here's a secret: Mazamitla in the rain is *magical*. Think cozy fireplace, a good book, and that perfect cup of hot chocolate. Honestly, the best memories I have are of being curled up in front of the fire, listening to the rain drumming on the roof. Bring a good book, some board games, and a willingness to embrace the coziness. You might even discover a new side of yourself! And, in a pinch, you can always practice your interpretive dance moves in the cabana. Don't judge me.
Tell me about one thing that *really* annoyed you. Let's hear the real dirt.
Alright, fine. Here's some real dirt. And this is me, being honest, which, as you may have gathered, is a strength of mine. The one thing that absolutely *drove me bananas*? The lack of reliable internet. We're talking borderline dial-up speeds, at best. Now, I know, I know, "disconnect and be present." Blah, blah, blah. But coming from someone who relies on the internet (and, let's be honest, is addicted to Instagram stories), the struggle was real. I needed to check my emails, I wanted to plan the next day's adventure, and I even wanted to post a few jealousy-inducing photos of my own. It was like being stranded on a deserted island...with a *really* bad internet connection. Okay, I digress. Prepare yourself to be disconnected. Embrace it. Or, alternatively, download all your necessary information beforehand. And maybe pack a book. (See, I'm learning!)
What's the *best* memory you have of this experience?
Right, now this is important. Okay, so picture this: ItStaynado

