Utah's Arch Canyon Inn: Unbelievable Views, Unforgettable Stay!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! We're diving headfirst into a review of Utah's Arch Canyon Inn, a place promising Unbelievable Views, Unforgettable Stay! Sounds dreamy, right? Well, let's see if it delivers, warts and all. Because let's be honest, perfect doesn't exist, and that's what makes real travel stories… well, real.
(SEO Stuff First, Then the Good Stuff!)
Keywords, keywords, keywords! Gotta appease those Google gods. So, here we go: Arch Canyon Inn, Utah hotels, Moab hotels, Canyonlands National Park lodging, accessible hotels Utah, luxury hotel Moab, spa Moab, pool with a view, pet friendly motels Utah, free Wi-Fi Moab, family friendly hotels Utah, romantic getaways Utah, Utah outdoor adventure lodging, best hotels with views Utah. Did I miss any? Probably. Okay, deep breath.
First Impressions and the Journey There
Getting to Moab, even in the stunning Utah landscape, can be… well, it can be a drive. A beautiful one, mind you, but a drive nonetheless. Finally, after hours of, let's be honest, a little bit of "are we there yet?" from my travel companion (who shall remain nameless to protect their… well, their sanity), we pulled up to the Arch Canyon Inn. And the views… okay, they were definitely something. The brochure didn't lie. But, here's where the messy brilliance begins: the parking. It’s free, which is a huge plus, but it's a little… cramped. Navigating with anything beyond a compact car might be a challenge. (Car Park [on-site], ✅ Car park [free of charge] ✅)
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Honestly
Okay, let's talk accessibility for those who need it. I have to do a deeper dive on this since my companion struggles with mobility, and this is hugely important to us. The elevator is a huge win, so that makes it easier to get to the higher floors. But, the website claimed wheelchair accessibility, and I'd say it's a mixed bag. While the building itself appears to be accessible, with some designated accessible rooms (though I didn't personally inspect one), navigating some of the common areas like the… um… the path to the pool with a view (more on that later!) could be a bit tricky. There’s a mention of facilities for disabled guests which is great. (Elevator ✅, Facilities for disabled guests ✅) More info would be useful but at least you know what to expect.
Check-In: Smooth…ish
Check-in was relatively painless, thankfully! The front desk staff were friendly enough, and thank goodness, they spoke English!. (Front desk [24-hour] ✅, Contactless check-in/out ✅, Doorman ❌) They even had a little area with complimentary coffee, which was a godsend after the long drive. (Maybe it’s not a big amenity at larger hotels, but it made a difference here.) I also noticed they had a concierge available, which can be a huge plus for those who need help planning some activities.
The Room: Pretty Damn Comfortable
Now, for the real meat of the experience: the room. We opted for a room with a view – because, well, why not? The room was spacious, with some really thoughtful touches. And yes, the view lived up to the hype. Seriously. (Room decorations ✅)
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning ✅, Alarm clock ✅, Bathrobes ✅, Blackout curtains ✅, Closet ✅, Coffee/tea maker ✅, Complimentary tea ✅, Daily housekeeping ✅, Desk ✅, Extra long bed ✅, Free bottled water ✅, Hair dryer ✅, High floor (in our case!) ✅, In-room safe box ✅, Internet access – wireless ✅, Ironing facilities ✅, Laptop workspace ✅, Linens ✅, Mini bar ✅, Mirror ✅, Non-smoking ✅, Private bathroom ✅, Reading light ✅, Refrigerator ✅, Satellite/cable channels ✅, Seating area ✅, Separate shower/bathtub ✅, Shower ✅, Slippers ✅, Smoke detector ✅, Socket near the bed ✅, Sofa ✅, Soundproofing ✅, Telephone ✅, Toiletries ✅, Towels ✅, Umbrella ✅, Wake-up service ✅, Wi-Fi [free] ✅, Window that opens ✅. (Did I miss anything? Probably not.)
The bed? Divine. Like, I'm talking sink-into-the-clouds levels of comfort. The blackout curtains were essential for a good night's sleep, especially since we were up at the crack of dawn to catch the sunrise. The bathroom was clean and well-appointed, with a separate shower and bathtub. (I’m a sucker for a good bathtub.) And, bonus points for the little details, like the fluffy bathrobes and complimentary slippers. (Additional toilet ✅ – in certain rooms, I imagine.) Internet access – LAN – (I didn’t actually see this, but it's listed, but it probably is in certain rooms)
Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi? Yes! (And it Worked!) Free Wi-Fi in the rooms?✅ And it actually worked! (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! ✅, Internet ✅) Not always a given, people. So, a big thumbs up on that front. Did I try Internet [LAN]? No, but it was listed. (Internet services ✅) Wi-Fi in public areas ✅.
The Pool with a View: The Moment of Truth (and a Little Rambling)
Alright, let's talk about the pool with a view. This was one of the biggest selling points for me. And…it was pretty darn spectacular. Imagine yourself floating in the sparkling water, the red rock canyons stretching as far as the eye can see. It's the kind of view that makes you stop and just…breathe. (Pool with view ✅, Swimming pool [outdoor] ✅, Swimming pool ✅)
Now, here's where my stream-of-consciousness kicks in. I was so excited about this pool before. I'm a nervous flyer, and this was the whole reason for the trip! So, my first emotional reaction was a huge, delighted GASP. This pool was the promise – the shining beacon of luxury in the middle of Utah's canyon country. The day was perfect. The water was crisp and refreshing. I spent the whole time grinning like an idiot. My companion had a slightly harder time getting down, which is, frankly, my point about the "accessibility" issue I mentioned earlier, but once we were there, it was pure magic. The lounge chairs were comfortable, and the poolside bar was… well, it was there. (Poolside bar ✅)
And that's where the imperfections come in. They could use more staff at the poolside bar. Sometimes, getting a drink took a little longer than ideal. But hey, you're on vacation, right? Take a deep breath, soak up the sun, and all is right with the world.
Dining: A Mixed Bag, but Overall…Tasty
The Arch Canyon Inn offers several dining options. Let’s remember that food is very important, and the hotel seemed to understand this.
- Restaurants ✅
- A la carte in restaurant ✅
- Asian cuisine in restaurant ❌
- Bar ✅
- Bottle of water ✅
- Breakfast [buffet] ✅
- Coffee/tea in restaurant ✅
- Desserts in restaurant ✅
- International cuisine in restaurant ✅
- Room service [24-hour] ✅
- Salad in restaurant ✅
- Snack bar ✅
- Soup in restaurant ✅
- Vegetarian restaurant ✅
- Western breakfast ✅
- Western cuisine in restaurant ✅
The breakfast buffet was decent, with a good variety of options. (Breakfast [buffet] ✅, Breakfast service✅, Breakfast[buffet]✅) I’m a sucker for a fluffy omelet, and they fulfilled my desires! The coffee was nothing to write home about but, hey, it was there. (Coffee/tea in restaurant ✅) The on-site restaurant offered a menu that leaned towards international cuisine, and it was a pleasant experience. Service could be a little slow at times, but the food was worth the wait. If you're looking for a quick bite, there's a snack bar. (Snack bar ✅). They had some really yummy desserts (Desserts in restaurant ✅).
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Enough to Keep You Busy
The Arch Canyon Inn offers enough activities to keep you busy, or not.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events ❌
- Body scrub ❌
- Body wrap ❌
- Fitness center ✅
- Foot bath ❌
- Gym/fitness ✅
- Massage ✅
- Sauna ✅
- Spa ✅
- Spa/sauna ✅
- Steamroom ✅
There are also a variety of ways to relax. The hotel boasts a spa (Spa✅, Spa/sauna✅) and a fitness
Parisian Paradise: Hotel Rosalie Awaits Your Dream Getaway!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your sanitized, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, a messy, beautiful, possibly disastrous trip planning session for Arch Canyon Inn in Blanding, Utah. Let's see if we can survive this… and maybe, just maybe, have some fun along the way.
The Arch Canyon Inn Debacle (or, "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Desert")
(Note: This is a rough draft. Plans, as we all know, are just invitations to chaos.)
Day 1: Arrival in Blanding (and Existential Dread)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Flight from… well, somewhere. Let's say it's Chicago because the contrast is hilarious. Wake up in a cold, drizzly city. Groan. Pack a bag and pray the airline doesn't lose it. I'm already imagining the desert heat and wanting to crawl back into my bed.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Arrive Salt Lake City. Air pressure change-induced headache. Grab a rental car – probably some absurdly large SUV because, America. Realize I have absolutely no idea how to drive in the desert. Consider taking up pottery instead.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Drive to Blanding. This is where things could get…interesting. The drive itself? Miles and miles of breathtaking (and also beige) landscape. Will probably stop at a roadside diner for a burger, which I will inevitably regret later.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Arrive at Arch Canyon Inn. Pray my room has a decent view and isn’t next to the ice machine. Check-in, unpack (with varying degrees of neatness). Immediately start second-guessing this whole trip. Why did I think this was a good idea? Maybe I should have just stayed home and eaten all the ice cream.
- Evening (6:00 PM onwards): Dinner at a local restaurant. Google tells me there's a place called "The Cottonwood Steakhouse". It's either going to be amazing or terrifyingly authentic. I'm betting on the latter. Order a steak, probably two, and silently judge everyone else. Maybe meet a local, learn some things, and maybe find a new friend?
- Night (Whenever I inevitably pass out in exhaustion): Stare at the desert sky. Try to identify constellations, fail miserably. Feel incredibly small and insignificant in the face of the vastness of the universe. Decide this is probably good for me.
Day 2: Canyonlands & Rock Art (and, oh god, the heat!)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up. Wonder if the bed is actually comfortable, or if it's a portal to another dimension. Breakfast at the Inn. Maybe there will be actual fruit and not just the sad little oranges that are only provided in all the hotels.
- Late Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Drive to Canyonlands National Park (Island in the Sky). Hike to Mesa Arch for sunrise (if I can actually get my butt out of bed on time). Take approximately 500 photos, all of which will look the same. Get mildly annoyed by other tourists, secretly judge their hiking attire.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Attempt a picnic lunch with a view. Probably packed too many sandwiches and not enough water. Realize I'm melting.
- Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Drive to a rock art site. Trying to actually listen to the ranger, but I'm too busy staring at the ancient symbols and trying to imagine their lives. Get lost. Find a totally awesome, secret little canyon. Regret not being in better shape.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Return to the Inn. Shower (probably a long one to wash away the sunscreen and existential dread).
- Dinner (7:00 PM onwards): Dinner at "Bluff Dwellings Restaurant". Pray for air conditioning. Maybe go back to the Inn and drink wine alone.
Day 3: Valley of the Gods & Moki Dugway (Fear and Loathing in Southeast Utah)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Regret decisions made the night before. Drink coffee. Contemplate how much sunscreen is too much sunscreen.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Drive the scenic loop through Valley of the Gods. Stop at every single viewpoint. Feel ridiculously small yet inexplicably powerful, like a tiny ant standing on Mount Everest. It'll be epic. Take pictures (duh). The drive will be long and dusty, but the landscapes will be worth it.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 2:30 PM): Moki Dugway. It's going to be terrifying. This is the steep, unpaved road with switchbacks. I'm going to be gripping the steering wheel so hard my knuckles will turn white. Probably scream a lot. Will be convinced I'm going to die. But the view from the top…? They can't take an image of the fear and the majesty.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening (2:30 PM - 6:00 PM): Descend. Survive. Thank the automotive gods. Return to Blanding, feeling oddly alive.
- Evening (6:00 PM onwards): Dinner at the Inn, or maybe try to buy food at the grocery store and pretend to be a desert chef. Consider getting drunk in my room because, you know, the mountains.
- Night (whenever): Look, I'm not getting up anymore. Sleep.
Day 4: Relaxation? (HA!) & Departure
- Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Sleep in. Maybe. Maybe not. Pack. Drink coffee. Pretend to be zen.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): One last hike. Maybe. It depends on how I feel. Or maybe I'll just sit by the pool (if there is a pool) and stare at the mountains.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Final mediocre meal. Think about the food I'll eat back home in Chicago.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM onward): Drive to Salt Lake City. Try to remember what it feels like to be somewhere with actual grass.
- Evening: Flight home. Reflect on the trip. Wonder if I’ll ever go back. Probably! Definitely maybe.
- Night: Crash and burn.
Important Notes (and other chaotic thoughts):
- Hydration: Drink water. Seriously. Drink. All. The. Water.
- Sunscreen: Apply it religiously. You'll regret it if you don't.
- Heat: It's going to be hot. Embrace it (or at least try to survive it).
- Expect the Unexpected: Things will go wrong. That's part of the fun.
- Emotional Breakdown: Don't be afraid to feel things. This trip is about more than just seeing pretty rocks.
- Food: Embrace local restaurants, but pack snacks. ALWAYS pack snacks.
- Me: I am an emotional disaster, so take everything with a grain of salt (or maybe a whole salt lick).
- The Desert: It's going to mess with your head. But it's also going to be beautiful.
So there you have it. My wildly disorganized, potentially disastrous, but hopefully hilarious trip plan. Wish me luck! And if you see me wandering around the desert looking lost and confused, come say hello. (And maybe offer me some water.)
Hunter Valley's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Legendary Quest Singleton!Okay, so the views. Are they *really* unbelievable? I've seen marketing before...
Alright, let's get real. I'm a cynical New Yorker, okay? "Unbelievable" is a word I reserve for pizza and maybe a REALLY good Broadway show. But walking out onto that porch at Arch Canyon Inn... Seriously. Jaw. Dropped. Remember that time I tried to hike the Grand Canyon? Yeah, spent more time complaining about the heat than actually *looking*. Here? It's different. It's like the earth just *vomited* color. Okay, maybe not *vomited*, but you get the idea. Layers of red rock, canyons stretching forever... I actually sat there for like, an hour, just staring. And I'm not a "stare at scenery" kind of guy. My phone was practically begging me to take pictures, but I just... couldn't. Needed to *experience* it. So, yeah, unbelievable. Believe it. Even if you're a grumpy cynic like me.
How far is it from Moab? Planning a day trip...
Moab? Hmm. Look, if you're thinking "day trip," you're missin' the point, my friend. Sure, you *could* drive from Moab. But why?! You’d burn half the day just staring at the highway while you drive to get there, arriving with a full head of dust and a half head of enthusiasm. Arch Canyon Inn isn't a pit stop. It's a destination. Think of it like this: You're ordering a soufflé (the Inn), and Moab is like, a lukewarm cup of instant coffee (maybe Arches National Park is your double espresso in this scenario...but even that's not the soufflé). Enjoy the soufflé, man, stay the night. The stars at night are unreal. And seriously, the drive back, even if it’s *short* is just awful, driving at night. Don’t do it.
I saw something about a "shared kitchen." What's that like?
The shared kitchen... okay, this is where things get a little... *rustic*. I mean, it’s a shared kitchen. Think of it as a communal gathering place, a potential battleground for limited counter space, depending on the other guests. It's equipped with the bare essentials, that’s for sure. Think pots and pans that have *seen things*. And utensils... well, let's just say I brought my own spork. Kidding! (Mostly). Also, some people are, shall we say, more *organized* than others, when it comes to cleaning up. And there *was* that one time I put my leftovers in the fridge next to a container of…well, let’s just say it looked like something that had been growing in there since the Jurassic period. I politely re-wrapped my lasagna and hoped for the best. So bring some sanitizer, your own food, and a healthy dose of hope (and maybe your favorite, un-needed, kitchen tool that could give you a leg up.)
Is there Wi-Fi? Gotta stay connected!
Wi-Fi? Oh, honey, you're going to be in the middle of NOWHERE. Think of it as a detox. A digital detox, if you will. There might be *some* Wi-Fi, in the main common area, maybe. But I wouldn't count on it. And honestly? Thank God. I went there with the *intention* to work, you know, catch up on emails. (I *am* a New Yorker, after all. Can’t escape it) And then I looked up, saw the mountains, and forgot about emails. Completely. It was glorious! Embrace the silence. Embrace the disconnect. Embrace the fact that you *might* have to actually talk to the people you're with. It's a novel concept, I know. But you'll survive. Eventually.
What about the rooms themselves? Are they… clean?
Okay, let's talk rooms. "Clean" is a relative term, right? At Arch Canyon Inn, it's... *mountain clean*. Not like, sterile, hospital-clean. But definitely clean enough. My room was simple, but charming. The bed was comfortable (praise the heavens, as I'd had enough hard camping beds!). The sheets were fresh, and, most importantly, no weird smells. (I'm easily grossed out, FYI). It's not The Ritz-Carlton, folks. It’s a cozy cabin in the middle of stunning scenery. Remember the views, and the rooms are perfectly acceptable. There's no reason to overthink this.
Are there trails nearby? I want to hike!
Trails? Oh, good heavens, YES. They practically spill *out* of the Inn. I went on a hike that was… well, it was *memorable*. There was this one particularly steep section, where I was pretty sure my lungs were going to explode. I could hear my own heavy breathing right beside me. I kept up the pace, eventually, but I was thinking "What am I doing here?" for a solid hour. Then the view from the top… Forget it. Worth. Every. Strenuous. Step. And the best part? I saw a lizard. A tiny, scaly lizard. And a hawk! I mean just imagine these creatures being there, and so near. The trails are epic. Bring water, sunscreen, and maybe a hiking stick, for "stability purposes," as I like to say.
The website mentions "stargazing." Is it really good?
Stargazing? Okay, prepare to have your small, city-dwelling mind BLOWN. I've *seen* stars, you know? I've seen the sky. But this… this was something else. I mean, I’ve always thought stargazing was like… a nice hobby, maybe. Didn't think too much of it. But here, it’s an experience, like the scenery. The sky is so dark, the stars are so bright. It's like someone took a giant paintbrush and splattered glitter all over the universe. I sat outside one night, for hours, just staring. Saw the Milky Way! Seriously. The Milky Way! It actually made me kind of emotional, in a weird, cosmic way. You will never see stars like this anywhere else. I guarantee it.
Anything else I should know?
Okay, last thoughts. Bring snacks. Bring aBook For Rest