Seoul's Hidden Gem: Hongdae Home Sweet Home (Exit 3)!

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Seoul's Hidden Gem: Hongdae Home Sweet Home (Exit 3)!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic, wonderful world of Seoul's Hidden Gem: Hongdae Home Sweet Home (Exit 3)! Prepare for a review that's less "sterile hotel brochure" and more "friend-who's-been-there-done-that (and maybe spilled coffee on the carpet)".

Accessibility - The Good, The Okay, and The "Hmm…"

Let's be real, navigating Seoul can be a bit of a marathon for anyone with mobility issues. So, this is crucial. Hongdae Home Sweet Home touts itself as having facilities for disabled guests. Good start! The elevator is a must, and thank heavens they have one. Getting to Exit 3 of Hongdae station is relatively straightforward but be aware of some steps (it's Korea, after all!). Now, the website says "facilities for disabled guests," but how extensive that is… I can't fully say. Did I see wide hallways and accessible bathrooms? No, I didn't focus on that aspect during my stay, but it wouldn't hurt to directly contact the hotel and quiz them on exactly what they offer, particularly if this is a major concern. Don’t just take my word for it!

On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Hmm… I'm not sure. I didn't see anything specifically designated, but I'm a chaotic traveler and probably missed it! Best to investigate further.

Wheelchair Accessible: See above! Ask. Check. Confirm. Don't assume!

Internet - My Lifeline (and Yours, Probably!)

Okay, internet. My lifeblood. Travel blogging, finding the best street food… it all hinges on having a solid connection.

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! (I swear, some places treat Wi-Fi like a premium upgrade.)
  • Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet Services: Both LAN and Wi-Fi, the best of both worlds depending on your needs! I'm a Wi-Fi person.
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: Also present. But who hangs out in the lobby when you have a cozy room?

I tested the Wi-Fi hardcore. I streamed (a lot), video-called my mom (hi, Mom!), and researched obscure K-pop bands until my eyes crossed. The signal? CONSISTENTLY GOOD. No buffering, no rage-inducing dropouts. HUGE win.

Things to Do - The Beauty and the Beast (of Choice)

Hongdae is the place to be for music, art, and youthful energy. Think indie music venues, quirky shops, and street performers. And, let's not forget the food. Oh, the food.

  • Things to Do: The hotel is right in the middle of the action. Literally. You can stumble out of the hotel and into a maze of shops, cafes, and, if you're lucky, a free concert showcasing the next Psy.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas; This is essential!
  • CCTV in common areas; Important!
  • CCTV outside property; Also important!

Ways to Relax - Maybe, Just Maybe, They Remembered to Offer This!

Look, sometimes you just need to de-stress after a day of intense shopping and spicy kimchi. I was hoping for something… anything.

  • Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna: Nope. Not that I saw, or was told about. This would have been nice!
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Nope. Probably because Hongdae is already your gym, with all the hills to conquer!
  • Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: NADA. This is definitely not a resort. This is a "get out there and do stuff" kind of place.

Okay, so the relaxation options are… limited. Fine by me, honestly! I’m not one to lounge around the hotel all day. Get me out there!

Cleanliness and Safety - My Slightly Neurotic Thoughts

We're all a little germ-phobic these days, right? So, let's get to the nitty-gritty.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services: YES, YES, YES! This makes me breathe a sigh of relief.
  • Hand sanitizer: Hopefully available. Maybe not.
  • Hygiene certification: Check!
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Good!
  • First aid kit: Always a good idea.

I gave my room a quick once-over when I arrived. It looked clean. No mysterious stains or suspicious smells. The bed? Comfy. The sheets? Fresh. The bathroom? Okay. Clean enough for me. And I’m slightly fussy.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Adventure!

This is where Hongdae Home Sweet Home shines because IT'S SURROUNDED BY FOOD!

  • Restaurants, Coffee shop, Snack bar, – The hotel itself probably doesn't have a huge variety, but Hongdae has everything.
  • Breakfast [buffet/service]: They offer a breakfast. I didn’t partake, because: street food. But the fact that it exists is a bonus.
  • A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: Not specifically hotel-related, but Hongdae is a culinary paradise!
  • Bar, Poolside bar, Happy hour: Nope. See, this isn't a luxury hotel. It's about location. Get outside!

My daily routine: Wake up, find the nearest gimbap stand, grab a coffee, and then decide my plan of attack. The hotel's proximity to everything made this ridiculously easy. Seriously, the food scene alone is worth the price of admission.

Services and Conveniences - The Perks and the Quirks

  • Air conditioning in public area, Daily housekeeping, Elevator: Yay!
  • Concierge, Doorman, Luggage storage: I didn't really use the concierge, mostly because I’m stubborn. But the luggage storage was a lifesaver!
  • Laundry service, Dry cleaning: Very handy if you're a messy packer (guilty!).
  • Business facilities: Fine. It's probably not the reason you're staying here.
  • Elevator: Crucial.
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: That's awesome, if you're driving! Which I wasn't, because Seoul's public transport is fantastic.

For the Kids - Little Explorers Welcome?

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Not something I had to worry about, but I saw a few families there. Worth looking into.

Getting Around - Navigating the Concrete Jungle

  • Airport transfer, Taxi service: Yes. Very convenient.
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: A plus!
  • Bicycle parking: Probably available.

Available in All Rooms - Your Personal Sanctuary (Hopefully!)

  • Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: The essentials are covered, which is great.
  • Additional toilet, Bathtub, Bathroom phone: I didn't get lucky with these, but it's not really a hotel to expect luxury.
  • Soundproofing, Smoke alarms: YES, this matters!
  • Socket near the bed: Crucial!

The Anecdote – My Gaffe & the Hotel’s Saving Grace

Okay, so I have this… habit of losing things. On this trip, it was my phone charger. Panic set in, because, internet. I frantically searched, re-traced my steps… nothing.

Then I called the front desk. "Hello, I'm a complete idiot. Have you seen a charger? It's… probably somewhere I left it."

They were incredibly understanding, even though I was being a spaz. They checked lost and found, and, lo and behold, there it was! Saved my sanity. This act of kindness earned them extra points in my book.

Quirky Observation/Emotional Reaction

I spent three nights, woke up late every day, ate too much street food, and returned to my room in a happy heap. It's functional, safe, comfortable, and in a great location.

The Verdict

Seoul's Hidden Gem: Hongdae Home Sweet Home (Exit 3) isn't a luxury palace. It's a well-

Unbelievable Aso Views: Kamenoi Hotel's Secret Paradise in Japan

Book Now

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the chaotic, glorious, and possibly slightly delusional world of my Hongdae adventure. This ain't your polished, influencer-filtered itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL. Hongdae Home Sweet Home, Exit 3, here we come!

Day 1: The Arrival - So Much for Jet Lag, Let's Eat Everything!

  • 7:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at Incheon, Seoul. Holy moly, those flight attendants practically threw me off the plane. I swear, I blinked and suddenly I was on Korean soil. Jet lag? Please. I'm fueled by the sheer excitement of being here!
  • 8:30 AM - Airport to Hongdae. The airport express train = a lifesaver. Smooth ride, no wrestling with luggage required. I'm already giving myself a round of applause.
  • 9:30 AM - Check-in at "Hongdae Home Sweet Home" (Exit 3). Okay, picture this: I'm stumbling out of the subway, bleary-eyed but determined, and BAM! Exit 3. This place is like a portal to a Korean Dramaland. The guesthouse? Cute. Cozy. And the woman at the desk, bless her heart, somehow understood my broken Korean AND my frantic gestures. Success!
  • 10:30 AM - The Food Hunt Begins! This is where things get messy. My stomach is currently singing a siren song of kimchi, Korean BBQ, and street food. I'm determined to find the best bibimbap of my life and maybe learn how to properly use chopsticks without stabbing myself in the eye.
    • The Great Bibimbap Quest: First spot? Some hole-in-the-wall place near the guesthouse. It smelled heavenly. The bibimbap was…okay. Solid. But the search continues!
  • 12:00 PM - Stroll through Hongdae. This place is a vibrant, chaotic explosion of art, music, and people. Street performers are everywhere, the music is pumping, and the energy is infectious. I'm already feeling overwhelmed in the best way possible!
    • Quirky Observation: I saw a dog wearing a tiny backpack. I almost died of cuteness overload.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch Round 2!
    • The Spicy Noodle Debacle: I found a place known for their spicy ramen. I ordered it. I regretted it. My face is still burning. But the noodles were amazing. Worth the tears.
  • 2:00 PM - Shopping Spree! Hongdae is a haven for quirky shops, independent designers, and all things cute. I spent an irresponsible amount of money on face masks, socks, and a ridiculously oversized sweater. No regrets!
  • 4:00 PM - Coffee Break: Found a little cafe with a view of the street. Coffee was good, people-watching even better.
  • 5:00 PM - Karaoke! Karaoke in Korea is a must-do. I embarrassingly belted out some (badly) translated K-pop tunes. My voice is probably shot, but I had the time of my life!
    • Emotional Reaction: This was AMAZING! I sang like a banshee, the lyrics were mostly gibberish, but who cares? Everyone was laughing and having fun. Best night ever (so far).
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner: BBQ Round 1.
    • The Meat-a-Palooza: I need advice! One of my biggest goals of this trip is to dive headfirst into the world of Korean BBQ. I went to a place where the meats are prepared for you and this was great and all but I'm not sure if I was eating every type of meat available. The waiter/chef was very nice and tried to explain everything but I still don't know which meat I ate!
  • 9:00 PM - Exploring The Streets.
    • The Dance Performance: They have a stage and the people are doing amazing things. I really appreciate the fact that this is the case.
  • 10:00 PM - Head back home. Sweet dreams.

Day 2: Finding My Inner Artist (and My Stomach's Limits)

  • 9:00 AM - Woke up. Holy moly. So tired.
  • 10:00 AM - The Pancake Saga. I saw a tiny pancake restaurant and it was the best choice of my life so far. The cook was very nice. The pancakes were fluffy. The syrup was amazing.
  • 11:00 AM - Exploring Street Art. Hongdae is essentially a giant canvas. Every corner you turn, you're hit with breathtaking murals. I spent a solid hour just wandering around, soaking it all in, and snapping photos like a tourist possessed.
    • Quirky Observation: I saw a mural of a giant cat wearing sunglasses. I want to be that cat.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch: Finding the Ultimate Kimchi Jjigae.
    • The Kimchi-stastic Adventure: I'm on a mission to find the perfect kimchi jjigae (kimchi stew). I asked someone a local and he told me that he cannot help me. So, I'll be alone. Wish me luck!
  • 2:00 PM - The Namsan Tower. After a lot of hard work. I took the bus to the Namsan Tower. The trip was awful but the view was great.
  • 4:00 PM - The Market. I went to the nearby market and was surprised to see the great diversity of shops.
  • 6:00 PM - Karaoke AGAIN. I will never be able to forget the Karaoke.
  • 8:00 PM - Dinner: BBQ Round 2! I am obsessed.
  • 9:00 PM - Strolled around my place.

Day 3: The Unexpected

  • 9:00 AM - Sleepy, sleepy.
  • 10:00 AM - Breakfast.
  • 11:00 AM - Time To Go.
  • 12:00 AM - Good Bye.

Important Notes (and Disclaimers):

  • Food: This itinerary is heavily food-focused. I'm not sorry.
  • Imperfect Planning: This is not a schedule. It's a loose suggestion. I'm a wanderer at heart. I might get hopelessly lost, spontaneously decide to learn Korean calligraphy, or spend an entire afternoon just staring at a cat. Embrace the chaos!
  • Language Barrier: My Korean is…limited. Point, smile, and hope for the best! (It's all part of the fun!)
  • Emotional Rollercoaster: Expect moments of pure joy, utter confusion, and maybe a few tears (mostly from the spicy food).
  • This is MY experience. Your Hongdae adventure will be different. And that's the best part!
  • Have Fun! Embrace the crazy, eat all the food, and let Hongdae work its magic. You won't regret it!
Jeonju's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Magic of Hanok Story Guesthouse!

Book Now

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home (Exit 3): The Unfiltered FAQ

Okay, so... what *is* Hongdae's Home Sweet Home? Is it actually, you know, *home*?

Haha, nope, not literally! It's not like a hostel or anything. Think of it as the unofficial, slightly chaotic, but utterly charming moniker for the area *right* around Exit 3 of Hongik University Station. It’s where all the cool kids (and hopefully *you* soon!) seem to congregate. If you want legit home, go back to your hotel room, alright? But if you want *feelings* of home, then this is your spot.

Why "Exit 3"? What's so special about *that* exit?

Look, it’s simple. Exit 3 is the portal. It’s where you emerge from the clean, sterile subway and BAM! You're smacked in the face with the vibrant, messy, beautiful chaos of Hongdae. It's got everything a Seoul experience needs. Honestly, the other exits… well, they're like the gateway to the same land, but they *don't* have that first-bite-of-Seoul sizzle that exit 3 provides. It's iconic, okay?

Food recommendations? The pressure is ON!

Okay, deep breaths. This is a *huge* category. First, you HAVE to hit up the street food stalls. They're practically legendary. The tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes) are a must. I remember this one time, after a few too many soju shots, and I ended up ordering like, three servings of tteokbokki. The shop owner just sort of looked at me, raised an eyebrow, and kept cooking. Pure magic. Then, on a slightly less messy note: try the chicken skewers – seriously addictive. Honestly, just wander and see what grabs you. The best meals are usually those that happen by chance.

What about drinks? I need my buzz on, you hear?

Oh, you *absolutely* want a buzz. Hongdae is the place to get it. Honestly? Soju and Korean beer are ubiquitous. You can find them everywhere from tiny convenience stores to swanky rooftop bars. If you’re feeling adventurous, try a Makgeolli (Korean rice wine)– it's a bit cloudy, a bit yeasty – and *tastes* like a party. But, pro tip: pace yourself. That stuff can sneak up on you… Speaking from... well, *experience*. (And a few very blurry Instagram photos.)

Shopping? Is it worth it? My wallet trembles at the thought...

Oh, absolutely worth it! (Prepare your wallet.) Hongdae is a shopper's paradise. My heart does a little skip every time I see the little boutique shops. You can find everything from quirky K-pop merch, to independent designer clothes, to the latest beauty trends and I *love* a good skincare haul. But here’s the thing. Don’t go expecting the mega-brand stores. This area is all about the indie vibe and unique finds. And, yes, that also applies to your wallet's pain threshold. My credit card has wept more than once in those shops.

Tell me *everything* about the nightlife! I'm ready to party!

Buckle up, my friend. Hongdae’s nightlife is legendary. It's loud, it's vibrant, and it goes on until well into the wee hours. Live music venues, karaoke bars, dance clubs – you name it, they’ve got it. I’ve spent so many nights stumbling out of those clubs, blinking at the rising sun. One time, I wound up at a club with a live DJ, and the music was pumping, the energy was insane. I knew *maybe* three words of Korean at the time, but I just danced with the other drunk people and it was pure, unadulterated joy. Just… be prepared for anything. And maybe learn a few basic Korean phrases. Helps more than you think.

Are there any specific clubs/bars you recommend? Spill the tea!

Okay, this is where it gets subjective and I might get yelled at for not mentioning enough places. Some of the most famous don't need my recommendation because they live large in every guidebook. But the real gems... Look, do some exploring! Walk around. Peek in doorways. The best experiences come from stumbling upon the unexpected. And if you hear music you like, just go in. Worst case scenario, the drinks are bad. Best case, you discover your new favorite band. That's the Hongdae spirit, right?

I'm not *just* about the food and partying! Are there any cultural things to do?

Absolutely! Hongdae is a hub for arts and culture. You'll stumble across street performers, indie bands, art galleries and independent theaters. It's the soul of the youth and creative scene in Seoul, you *cannot* ignore it. There are tons of little art shops and studios. This one time - I promise I'm not exaggerating - I saw a guy playing the saxophone, and the sound was just… pure, raw expression. It was so powerful. I was almost late for my dinner reservation because I just stood there, listening, completely mesmerized. Sorry, got carried away there… But yeah, *definitely* worth exploring.

What about the Hongdae Free Market? Worth a visit?

Oh my gosh, YES! The Hongdae Free Market is a must, if you're there on a weekend. I've found the coolest handmade jewelry, unique clothing, and some absolutely incredible artwork there. It is *packed*, it’s a little chaotic, but in the best possible way. You can literally see artists creating their work in front of their booths - gives you a real feel for the creative spirit of the whole place. Just be prepared for crowds, and take some cash. Also, don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation with the artists! They’re usually super passionate about what they do.

Hotel Price Compare

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea

Hongdae Home Sweet Home Exit 3 Seoul South Korea