Unbelievable Durango Escape: Club Wyndham Durango's Hidden Gem!

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Unbelievable Durango Escape: Club Wyndham Durango's Hidden Gem!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the "Unbelievable Durango Escape: Club Wyndham Durango's Hidden Gem!" And let me tell you, I'm not just writing a dry, corporate-speak review. I'm here to spill the tea – the real tea – on this place. We're talking accessibility, amenities, and whether it's actually worth the hype (spoiler alert: maybe).

First Impressions (or, the "Oh Crap, Did I Pack My Swimsuit?" Moment)

Alright, let's be real. Durango, Colorado, is gorgeous. The mountains are majestic, the air is crisp, and the sun… well, the sun tries its best. Getting to Club Wyndham Durango itself? Easy peasy. Plenty of car park [free of charge] and the car park [on-site] is a bonus. You can even hit up a car charging station if your wheels are electric. So far, so good!

Accessibility: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Confusing

Okay, accessibility is crucial, and I'm going to be upfront. While they mention Facilities for disabled guests, I NEED MORE DETAILS. Are the rooms truly Wheelchair accessible? Are there ramps everywhere? The website implies it, but doesn't shout it. And trust me, in 2024, "implies" isn't good enough. I'd need to call and make sure. If you're mobility-challenged, PLEASE double-check before assuming. The Elevator is a huge plus, though.

Rooms: Your Cozy Mountain Hideaway? (Maybe)

Okay, let's talk rooms. They boast a ton of stuff: Air conditioning, Free Wi-Fi, Coffee/tea maker, Refrigerator, Microwave, and a Separate shower/bathtub. The rooms offer Air conditioning, daily housekeeping, Linens, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Smoke detector, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and also offer many nice details like Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing, Sofa, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. But here’s the kicker: are they actually comfortable? Are the beds as comfy as they look in the photos? Do those Blackout curtains actually block out the blazing Colorado sun? I want to know! I am looking for a room that is Available in all rooms:. I really love it when there are rooms with Room decorations,

Cleanliness and Safety: "Is this Even Sanitized?!" (My Inner Germaphobe Speaks)

Look, in a post-pandemic world, this is HUGE. The good news? They're taking this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Staff trained in safety protocol are all MASSIVE pluses. It's all about the Hand sanitizer everywhere, and a First aid kit is always a good thing. They also provide Hot water linen and laundry washing, and Hygiene certification, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. My only hope is that this continues forever, because the thought of walking into a dirty room will make me cry. The Smoke alarms and Fire extinguisher are also important. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], and Safety/security feature are all great.

Dining: From Continental Breakfast to… Whatever Durango Eats?

The dining situation is a mixed bag, as expected. There's a Breakfast [buffet], which is always a fun way to get the day started. They offer Breakfast service, Coffee/tea in restaurant, and potentially some yummy Desserts in restaurant. They have a Poolside bar, so you can sip a cocktail while watching people swim, which I find to be a source of great amusement. There’s Room service [24-hour] if you are a bad person like me and don’t want to even emerge from your room. I think they have a Snack bar, which always comes in handy. The fact they offer Vegetarian restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant, means that you can find something you like, and if you can't there is a Convenience store. It is important that there is Coffee shop there. If I get something wrong, I can always get a Bottle of water. A la carte in restaurant is always a good idea.

Things to Do: Beyond the Resort (Because Let's Be Real)

Alright, this is where Durango shines. The landscape is just screaming for adventure. Activities: hiking, biking, white-water rafting, exploring the historic downtown… you name it. Plus, back at the resort (fingers crossed), you have access to a Fitness center, a Spa, and a Swimming pool [outdoor]. I am all about the Sauna, and Steamroom, too. If that is not enough, there’s a Body wrap, and a Body scrub,. Did I mention the Pool with view? If it's like the photos, it's gonna be amazing. And after a long day of hiking? a Massage is the PERFECT way to finish the day.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (…or Don't)

They offer the usual suspects: Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Luggage storage. The Elevator is a huge plus. The Babysitting service is a good idea, if you are traveling with kids. I will love seeing a Doorman at the door. The Front desk [24-hour] is a great bonus. They also have Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange. Having Food delivery is a very important amenity, especially when you want to stay in the room all day. They have a Gift/souvenir shop, if you want to make a purchase. The Invoice provided, and the Meeting/banquet facilities, are all fine. The Smoking area is good, I am a smoker. They also have a Terrace, which is really the best place to be for a few minutes.

For the Kids: Yay! (Probably)

The resort is Family/child friendly, which is a HUGE deal. They offer a Kids meal. There are Kids facilities. I will bet my bottom dollar that your kids won’t whine too much!

Internet: The Modern Necessity

Okay, another important part of modern life. Thank goodness, you have Internet access – wireless, and Internet access, and Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!.

The Unbelievable Durango Escape Offer: Your Mountain Getaway Awaits!

Okay, here's the deal. You, dear traveler, need a break. You need the crisp mountain air, the stunning scenery, and the chance to actually relax. This offer is aimed at couples, families, or solo adventurers seeking an escape. This is a perfect place to be a Couple's room. This is what you will get:

  • Guaranteed Cleanliness & Safety: Free of charge! This place is sanitized, and the staff is super serious about cleanliness. You get a clean room, and they are following the protocols.
  • Unbeatable Amenities: The beautiful pool, the spa, and the gym will provide you the best relaxation in Durango.
  • Adventure at Your Doorstep: Close access to hiking, biking, and all the other amazing activities Durango has to offer.
  • Price: This is where you will have to check it out;
  • How to Book: You should check this over.

Final Verdict:

Look, Club Wyndham Durango has the potential to be a fantastic getaway. The location is unbeatable, and the amenities are promising. However, my advice is:

  • Call and Verify Accessibility: If you need it, confirm it. Don’t assume.
  • Check Recent Reviews: See what other guests are saying right now.
Peppertree Paradise: Your Dream Myrtle Beach Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary isn't going to be all perfectly-timed photo ops and Instagram-worthy sunsets. This is a real person's attempt to survive a week at Club Wyndham Durango. Prepare for the glorious chaos.

Club Wyndham Durango: A Colorado Catastrophe… Maybe a Triumph? (Let’s See!)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Debacle (a.k.a. “Where’s My Toothbrush?!”)

  • 1:00 PM: Land in Durango. Smooth flight? Nope. Turbulence and a screaming baby (not mine, thankfully, though I did glare at the screaming baby). My luggage? Apparently vacationing in Denver. Ugh. Already feeling the vacation vibes.
  • 1:15 PM: Shuttle to Wyndham. Greeted by a lobby that smells vaguely of chlorine and desperation, but hey, the mountains are gorgeous from the window! Maybe the view will make up for the missing suitcase.
  • 2:00 PM: Check In. The check-in guy is way too enthusiastic. "Welcome to Durango! You're going to have a wonderful time!" (I’m already exhausted.)
  • 2:30 PM: Settle into the condo: 1-bedroom, supposed to be "mountain chic". More like "slightly used beige" but whatever. The view, again, is AMAZING. Seriously, those mountains! Still no luggage. My phone is dead. This is a disaster.
  • 3:00 PM: Panic-buy EMERGENCY toiletries (and a cute Durango t-shirt) at the little grocery store. Seriously, it's like I'm a refugee from a shampoo commercial.
  • 3:30 PM: Stare at the mountains. Breathe. Try to channel mountain zen. Fail.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore the resort. The pool is… okay. The hot tub smells vaguely of chlorine, but it would be good.
  • 5:00 PM: Find a bar. Down a margarita. Maybe two. The mountain views are looking better with each sip.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at Carver Brewing Company. Solid pub fare. The beer selection is impressive, and I forgot all about my luggage. (Well, momentarily.)
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the room to stare at the mountains again.

Day 2: The Silverton Showdown (and the Train That Almost Broke Me)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Sun is shining. Decide this is a new day.
  • 8:00 AM: Coffee & the start of a new headache.
  • 8:30 AM: Drive out to the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. This train is legendary. Or at least, that's what the brochures say. I’m expecting a magical journey through the mountains…
  • 9:30 AM: Board the train. It's a bit… rough. The seats are surprisingly uncomfortable, and the coal burning in the engine is… intense.
  • 10:00 AM: The scenery IS ridiculously beautiful. Okay, I'll admit it, the views are breathtaking. Seriously, the Animas River running alongside us is like a painting.
  • 11:00 AM: Attempt conversation with the extremely enthusiastic tour guide. She keeps talking about the "spirit" of the railroad. I’m starting to think she's had a bit too much "spirit" herself.
  • 12:00 PM: Arrive in Silverton. It feels like stepping back in time. Authentic charming shops and the old west.
  • 12:30 PM: Quick lunch at a small cafe, the food is only average.
  • 1:00 PM: Explore Silverton. It’s charming, but it is full of too many tourist traps. I buy a silly t-shirt.
  • 2:30 PM: The train ride back. The coal smoke is now a personal affront to my lungs, and the train is getting ridiculously crowded. I’m starting to think I hate trains.
  • 5:00 PM: Arrive back in Durango. Exhausted. Legs are killing me.
  • 6:00 PM: Pizza and beer at a local pizzeria. Pizza helps.
  • 7:00 PM: Attempt to watch a movie but fall asleep instead. Maybe tomorrow I will find out about our luggage.

Day 3: Hiking…and Maybe A Meltdown (Let’s See!)

  • 8:00 AM: Finally, my luggage has arrived! Joy. (And a giant sigh of relief.)
  • 8:30 AM: Hike on a short trail. Sun is shining, the smell of pine is invigorating, and the views are perfect. This is what I picture when I dream of a real vacation.
  • 10:00 AM: Decide to attempt the “moderate” Animas Mountain Trail. (Big mistake.) Immediately regret my life choices. Trail is STEEP. My lungs are screaming.
  • 10:30 AM: Question all my life choices. Why did I think being "outdoorsy" was a good idea? I stop for water.
  • 11:00 AM: Reach the top! The view is… well, it's spectacular. Like, "I might actually be grateful I almost died" spectacular. But the walk down and the pain that it is causing is the worst thing ever.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a charming little restaurant. Comfort food.
  • 1:30 PM: Drive or explore the local shops.
  • 3:00 PM: Nap. I need a nap.
  • 5:00 PM: Go for a swim in the pool to help my sore muscles.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant.
  • 7:30 PM: Watch the sunset from the balcony. A moment of peace, finally.

Day 4: Mesa Verde Magic…and the Curse of the Crowds.

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Strong coffee is a must.
  • 9:00 AM: Drive to Mesa Verde National Park. Hear it is an amazing place.
  • 10:00 AM: Mesa Verde is… incredible. The cliff dwellings are mind-blowing. The history is fascinating.
  • 11:00 AM: The crowds are massive. Seriously, people everywhere. The ranger is trying to keep things moving.
  • 12:00 PM: Attempt to grab lunch at the park. Packed. Decide to eat snacks in the car.
  • 1:00 PM: Visit more cliff dwellings. Get lost in the history. It's actually pretty great, despite the crowds.
  • 3:00 PM: Hike a short trail. More amazing views.
  • 4:00 PM: Drive back to Durango. Exhausted but more than happy.
  • 6:00 PM: Steak and wine at a restaurant.
  • 7:30 PM: Play board games.
  • 9:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 5: Durango Deep Dive! (And a Whirlwind of Activities)

  • 8:00 AM: Sleep in.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast.
  • 10:00 AM: Visit the Durango Fish Hatchery.
  • 11:00 AM: Ride the gondola up, enjoy the scenery on the way back, and relax.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch.
  • 1:00 PM: Visit the local shops for souvenirs.
  • 2:00 PM: Ride a bike near the river walk.
  • 3:30 PM: Relax.
  • 6:00 PM: Have a great dinner and watch a movie.
  • 9:00 PM: Rest.

Day 6: One Last Hurrah (and the Sadness of Departure)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast.
  • 9:00 AM: One last hike. Not a difficult one, just something to say "goodbye" to the mountains.
  • 10:00 AM: Pack. The dreaded task.
  • 12:00 PM: Brunch.
  • 1:00 PM: Back to the resort for the last time.
  • 2:00 PM: Check out and onto the shuttle.
  • 3:00 PM: Watch the beautiful scenery one last time.
  • 4:00 PM: Plane ride.

Day 7: Heading Home (and the Longing for the Mountains)

  • All day: Travel back. Reflect on the trip.

Final Thoughts:

So, there you have it. A chaotic, imperfect, and hopefully somewhat entertaining week. Durango? Absolutely worth it. Would I go back? Absolutely. Despite the train, the crowds, and the near-death experience on the trail, the mountains, the views, the food… it all makes the trip worth it. Now if you

Unbelievable OYO Deal: Bandar Lampung's 33 Avenue Gem!

Book Now

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Unbelievable Durango Escape: Club Wyndham Durango's Hidden Gem? Let's Dive In... (Brace Yourself!)

Okay, spill the beans. Is Club Wyndham Durango *really* a hidden gem? Or is it just… Durango?

Alright, alright, settle down, Nancy Drew. "Hidden gem" is a strong term. Let me tell you, I went in with ridiculously low expectations. I mean, Club Wyndham? My brain immediately conjured up visions of beige carpets and bland, beige… well, everything. But! BUT! Durango itself is stunning. And this place... it's... got potential. More on that later. The views are definitely a "wow". Seeing the mountains from the balcony with a coffee in hand... pure bliss. (When the coffee maker *actually* works, which, let's be honest, is a gamble). So, gem? Maybe. Sparkling, flawless diamond? Not quite. More like a cool geode that needs a little polishing.

What's the deal with the location? Is it actually convenient? I don't want to spend all my time driving!

Convenient? Depends on your definition of convenience. It's not *right* in the middle of downtown Durango. You've got a good 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic (which, surprisingly, can get a little gnarly!), to get to the shops and restaurants. The upside? Peace and quiet! The downside? Laziness sets in. I, personally, am a champion of lazy. There were days I swore I'd walk into town, and then... the couch happened. But hey, the proximity to the Animas River Trail is sweet. Instant access to walking, biking, and pretending to be an outdoor person. (Spoiler alert: I'm not an outdoor person, but I tried).

Let's talk about the rooms. Are they… depressing? What about the kitchens? (I’m a foodie, okay?)

Rooms... well, they're not *depressing*. They're… comfortable. Standard Wyndham fare, really. Don’t expect luxury, but clean is a plus. The kitchen? Ah, the kitchen. The bane of my existence, and the source of so much joy/frustration. *It's* a kitchen. It has the basics. (Mostly). The first day, getting the hang of the gadgets was a comedy of errors. The microwave beeped at me accusingly. The oven made a strange gurgling noise that I'm pretty sure was judging my cooking skills. But the fridge? Glorious. Filled with all my guilty-pleasure snacks. That’s the most important thing, right? The cookware? Slightly… lacking. But don't worry, I mastered the art of making eggs in a pan with a slightly warped bottom. It’s character building, I'm sure.

Pool and Amenities: Yay or Nay? Is there even a pool? Did you use it? Tell me EVERYTHING!

OMG, the pool! My absolute favorite thing! Yes, there *is* a pool, bless the Wyndham gods! And a hot tub. And a… little splash pad thing for the kids. (You know, in case you have those little things to consider.) The pool itself? Clean, refreshing, and the perfect temperature for lazy lounging. Yes, I used it. Every. Single. Day. I'd haul myself out there, grab a ridiculously oversized pool towel, and pretend I was doing something productive while reading trashy novels. The hot tub, though? That was where the magic happened. Especially at sunset, looking at the mountains with a cocktail in hand... pure, unfiltered relaxation. The only downside? The occasional screaming child. But hey, that's life, right? It's still a "yay" from me.

The Staff: Are they friendly? Helpful? Or just... there? Give me the tea!

The staff… okay, here's the deal. They're nice. Really! Genuinely friendly. But sometimes, they seemed a little… overwhelmed. (I get it, everyone’s tired these days.) Getting my room key card to work was a struggle. Twice. Minor things. But overall, they were helpful and tried their best. One guy, bless his heart, he really saved me when I accidentally locked myself on the balcony. (DON'T JUDGE ME! It was a very windy day, okay?) He even cracked a joke about it. So, yeah. Good people. Not perfect, but who is?

Okay, the big question. Would you go back? Honestly?

Would I go back? Hmm… that’s a tough one. Look, it’s not perfect. It's got its quirks. The questionable coffee maker. The slightly worn furniture. The occasional screaming child by the pool. But! The views are killer. The pool is perfect. The location is… decent. And Durango is just… special. I'd go back. But I'd pack my own coffee maker, a good book, and a healthy dose of "that'll do" attitude. And maybe, just maybe, I'd try learning how to cook something other than eggs. Maybe. Probably not.

Any Hidden Gems in the Area? You know, things that other reviewers didn't mention?

Alright, here's the inside scoop on a couple of Durango highlights you might not find on the usual review sites: * **The Animas River Trail at Dawn:** Okay, I *told* you I'm not an outdoor person, but one morning (after a *stellar* night’s sleep), I stumbled upon the Animas River Trail at sunrise. The light hitting the mountains? Breathtaking. The air? Crisp. The solitude? Heavenly. (Before the hordes of cyclists showed up, anyway.) * **The Breweries!** Durango has a *ton* of breweries (a whole lot), but find the one that has a food truck with killer tacos. It’s essential research. I can't remember the names. Memory is a casualty of my vacation. * **That One Little Bookstore Downtown:** Okay, I can't recall the name, but it seemed to have been designed for people who like books and cats. Seriously, people. Bookstores. They're the perfect combination of quiet and chaos. * **The "Secret" Hiking Trail Nobody Told You About:** Okay, I may have embellished this, BUT ask the staff about less crowded hikes. The ones that offer views without the crowds. They’re full of gems. So, there you have it. Go forth, and explore! And, most importantly, pack enough snacks.

Seriously. The Kitchen. Let's talk about it, one more time. Was there *anything* good or even useful in that sad little space?

Oh, the kitchen. Fine. Let's reopen this Pandora's box. Look, as I mentioned, *basics*. Which, by the way, included a toasterRoam And Rests

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States

Club Wyndham Durango Durango (CO) United States