Escape to Paradise: Settlers Inn, Hawley, PA - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Escape to Paradise: Settlers Inn, Hawley, PA - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dissect Escape to Paradise: Settlers Inn in Hawley, PA. This isn't just a review; it's a therapy session, a confession, and hopefully, a helpful guide to your potential dream vacation. Let’s get messy with it, shall we?

The Quick & Dirty: (aka My First Impression…Then a Deep Dive)

First of all, "Escape to Paradise" is a loaded phrase, right? Sets the bar high. Settlers Inn, you've been warned! My initial thought? Hawley, PA? Sounds like a Hallmark movie waiting to happen. Probably some quaint little town with more antique shops than actual, you know, excitement. But after spending some time, I think the Inn actually delivers.

Accessibility & The "E" Word (Empathy…and Escalators?!):

Okay, let's talk accessibility. This is huge for me, because I'm a clumsy klutz who usually makes a mess of things—physically and metaphorically. The good news (kinda): Facilities for disabled guests are listed. The bad news? I couldn't find hard evidence. I needed to know exactly what that meant, so I emailed the Inn. Still waiting on a reply, so I will update this as soon as I know. Elevator mentioned, which is always a win! And honestly, if the Inn isn’t super accessible, I would be surprised given the location. Let's be real: those mountains are not conducive to wheelchairs. I do hope they are accommodating!

Internet: Wi-Fi, LAN, and the Soul-Crushing Reality of Connectivity

Okay, let's talk about something that affects every single one of us on a daily basis: Internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! Internet access – LAN (for you tech nerds). Available in all rooms: excellent. Wi-Fi in public areas: also good. Internet services--whatever that entails--are listed.

I NEED internet. I work remotely. I also like to stream movies. I also like to post obnoxious vacation selfies. So, the fact that this is covered is a huge win for me. I hate paying extra for Wi-Fi. Especially when I'm trying to find out if there are any ghosts in my room.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Spa & Sauna Situation – Where’s My Robe?!

Alright, this is where Settlers Inn potentially shines. Let's get into the spa vibes. Hold on to your towels, people.

  • Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom: Yes freakin' yes! My entire body is already relaxed just thinking about it.
  • Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage: Okay, now we're talking. I'm imagining myself melting into a puddle of lavender-scented bliss.
  • Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Okay, okay, gotta balance the pampering somehow. I’ll probably use this…once. Maybe. After the massage.
  • Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: And what is even better than a massage? Drinks by the pool. I'm a big fan of drinks by the pool.
  • Foot bath: I've never done this, but it sounds like a must-try.

This is my happy place. I'm sold. It's all about the unwinding, the escape from the everyday grind.

Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized and Ready to Rock (Hopefully)

Let's be honest, in these current times, this is crucial.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.

Phew! That's a lot. They seem to be taking it seriously. This is important if you're concerned about… well, you know… the invisible baddies. That said, I'd be checking with the Inn directly to confirm the exact procedures.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Fuel for Paradise

Okay, let's get to the good stuff. Food! Settlers Inn, please do not disappoint.

  • A la carte in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant: A la carte is a plus, but the buffet is what really gets me fired up in the morning.
  • Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: I am a big foodie, and a sucker for some good cuisine!
  • Bar, Poolside bar, Coffee shop, Restaurants, Snack bar: Drinks, snacks, more drinks! All that is needed.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: Bless. Caffeine is life.
  • Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: This is important! They can go wrong very quickly…
  • Room service [24-hour]: Chef's kiss. Sometimes you just need a burger at 2 am, no judging.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

Here’s the list of amenities, the things that make a good hotel, great:

  • Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator: Standard, but essential.
  • Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: This is quite a comprehensive list. The terraces sound great (if the weather is nice).

For the Kids: The Family Advantage

I don't have kids, but if you do, this is important.

  • Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Sound like a good place for families. Thumbs up from me!

Getting Around & the Nitty Gritty:

  • Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: More than enough options.

In-Room Awesomeness – My Happy Place:

  • Additional toilet, Air conditioning: Essential.
  • Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone: Fancy!
  • Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water: Standard, but appreciated.
  • Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar: All of it is nice. I like the laptop workspace.
  • Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers: More lovely things.
  • Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: What. A. Room.

The Slightly Skeptical Yet Ultimately Optimistic Conclusion:

Alright, all told, Escape to Paradise: Settlers Inn sounds promising. My biggest concern is the actual delivery of this paradise. Can they live up to the hype? That's the big question!

My Quirky Observation: They've clearly thought of EVERYTHING. From the smoke detectors to the shoe shine, it is all there. And, the fact that there is a Proposal spot makes me think that people are probably proposing there because it's such a romantic place.

Final Verdict & THE AMAZING OFFER!

The Settlers Inn clearly aims to deliver a relaxing, well-appointed experience. They've got all the buzzwords, all the amenities, all the things that should result in a fantastic getaway.

NOW, for the offer!


Escape the Everyday with Settlers Inn: Your Luxurious Hawley Hideaway Awaits!

(Target Audience: Stressed-out Millennials to Boomers craving a relaxing escape)

Are you feeling OVERWHELMED? Burnt out? Like you just need some unadulterated peace and quiet?

Then answer this simple question: Are you ready to finally say YES to YOU?

Here's Your Escape Plan, Baby:

Escape to Ruston: Your Perfect Quality Inn Getaway!

Book Now

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, Instagram-filtered travel itinerary. This is my shot at a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious account of my (potential) trip to The Settlers Inn in Hawley, Pennsylvania. Let's see if I can survive this… mentally and financially.

The Settlers Inn: Attempting to Be Fancy (and Hopefully Not Mess it Up)

Day 1: Arrival and…Deep Breaths

  • Morning - The Disaster Before Departure:

    • 8:00 AM: Alarm screams. I hit snooze. Three times. (Classic). Today's the day! Settlers Inn, here I come! Or, uh… maybe not. I'm already behind schedule, because, you know, life. I still haven't packed. Or done laundry. Or, you know, anything remotely responsible.
    • 9:00 AM: Panic-packing frenzy. Throwing everything into a suitcase like a caffeinated tornado. Did I pack enough socks? Probably not. Do I need a sequined top? Absolutely. Do I have a sequined top? That's the real question.
    • 9:30 AM: Running late! Scrounging for my ID - I'm pretty sure it's hiding under a pile of receipts and expired coupons for things I never actually needed. Found it! (Victory!)
    • 10:00 AM: Okay, finally in the car, coffee in hand, Google Maps yelling directions. The pre-trip anxiety is kicking in. Am I forgetting something? Probably. Is my hair a mess? Definitely. Am I actually going to enjoy myself? Fingers crossed.
  • Afternoon - The Long Drive (and My Inner Monologue):

    • 1:00 PM: Finally on the road! (Sigh of relief). The drive is estimated at a couple of hours, which means a lot of time to second-guess every life decision I've made.
      • "Did I leave the oven on?" (Probably not.)
      • "Should I have booked that massage?" (Probably.)
      • "Is my life a series of unfortunate events elegantly arranged?" (Possibly.)
    • 2:00 PM: Snack break. Gotta keep the blood sugar up! Stopping at a roadside gas station. The best part of any road trip. I'm getting a bag of chips that I'll most likely eat in one sitting.
    • 3:00 PM: Arriving at The Settlers Inn! OMG, the place is gorgeous. Like, real gorgeous. This might be the prettiest place I've ever stayed. I am slightly intimidated. Trying not to look like a complete slob while checking in. I attempt a smile, hoping it conveys "I belong here."
  • Evening - Settling (Hopefully) and Some Wine…Please:

    • 4:00 PM: Check-in! The room is beautiful. Stone walls, a fireplace, a view of… a very pretty something. I immediately plop down on the bed and… breathe. This is it. This is the relaxation I've craved. Maybe.
    • 5:00 PM: Exploring the Inn. Wandering through the common areas. The art! The antiques! The… the general vibe of "elegance." I probably don't belong here. I'm pretty sure I've got crumbs on my shirt already.
    • 6:00 PM: Dinner at the Inn's Restaurant. I'm ordering the most expensive thing on the menu - or at least, I'm pretending I will. I'm probably going to chicken out and get a salad. But, hey, maybe tonight I'll be adventurous. The food is incredible. I'm pretty sure I just ate the best risotto of my life. (And maybe spilled a little on my shirt - again.)
    • 8:00 PM: Stargazing (attempt). After dinner, I'm going to try to find a good spot to look at the stars. Hoping it's not cloudy! My phone's flashlight is probably all I'll need, because I'm probably not going to find the telescope.

Day 2: Nature, and a Possible Identity Crisis

  • Morning - Awaking Into the Wilderness:

    • 8:00 AM: Wake up. My back isn't aching, which is a miracle! Breakfast at the Inn! Pancakes, and something else I can't pronounce, but it's delicious. Starting to think I could get used to this life.
    • 9:00 AM: Exploring the Grounds. I'm going to go for a walk. To be all outdoorsy and one with nature. Maybe I'll take a selfie with a tree. Or maybe I'll just get lost. Both are equally likely.
    • 10:00 AM: Hiking! I'm hitting a trail near the Inn. Actually hiking. I think. If I don't get eaten by a bear, this will be a success. (Pretty sure bears are a myth.)
    • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Packing a picnic is something I'm going to attempt. Maybe I'll pack my own sandwiches, and feel like a real outdoors-person.
  • Afternoon - The Spa Experience (Pray For Me):

    • 1:00 PM: The Spa! Oh god, I hope they have a "relaxing" setting for people like me, who are more like a nervous wreck. Massages tend to be awkward for me. "Is that a relaxed face?" "Am I snoring?". I am going to try to channel my inner zen master. Wish me luck. (I'll need it.)
    • 2:00 PM: Deep Breath before it happens. I am more nervous about the spa than anything I have ever done. I can do this. Right?
    • 3:00 PM: The massage went well… at least, I didn't fall asleep.
    • 4:00 PM: Reading a book. My brain isn't fully switched off. I'm going to try.
    • 5:00 PM: Shopping. Heading into the town to pick up some souvenirs! I want to take some little trinkets for some people.
  • Evening - Fireplace, and Another Bottle of Wine:

    • 6:00 PM: Happy hour. Back at the Inn, in my room. I'm having some snacks and pre-dinner drinks.
    • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Trying to get the same table as last night, and secretly hoping the waiter remembers me.
    • 8:00 PM: Sitting next to the fireplace and reading my book. My brain still hasn't switched off.

Day 3: Return to Reality (and Possible Emotional Breakdown)

  • Morning - The Last Supper (and Contemplation):

    • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the Inn (again!). I'm going to eat all the breakfast food I can possibly consume.
    • 9:00 AM: One last walk around the grounds. Trying to soak it all in. This is where the "wish this could last forever" feelings might sneak in.
    • 10:00 AM: Packing. Packing is always the worst. Remembering to bring back all my little things from the trip.
    • 11:00 AM: Check-out. Saying goodbye to the staff (with sadness).
  • Afternoon - The Drive Home (And the Tears):

    • 12:00 PM: On the road again. Sigh. The drive home. The "real world" looms.
    • 1:00 PM: Stop for lunch. Trying to savor the last moments of peace.
    • 3:00 PM: Home! Unpack, do the laundry, and start planning my next escape.
  • Evening - Post-Trip Blues (and Denial):

    • 5:00 PM: Home. Exhausted. Trying to pretend I'm still in vacation mode. I'll definitely do it again!
    • 7:00 PM: Start planning the next trip! It's the only way to cope.

Post-Trip Reflections (Because We All Need Them):

  • Overall Impression: The Settlers Inn was… actually incredible. The food, the scenery, the general vibe… it was everything I needed. And, you know, I didn't totally embarrass myself. Mostly. Okay, maybe a little.
  • Biggest Success: The spa experience! Survived it mostly unscathed.
  • Biggest Failure: Remembering to turn off the oven before I left. (Just kidding… maybe).
  • Would I Go Back? Absolutely. I might need to start saving now, but the memories… and the risotto… were worth it. And, let's be honest, I deserve another vacation. Soon. Very soon. Because adulting is exhausting.
Escape to Paradise: Viet Long Hoi An Beach Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Escape to Paradise: Settlers Inn - The Real Deal FAQs (Because Let's Be Honest, Planning a Getaway is a Minefield)

Okay, So... Settlers Inn, Hawley, PA... Is It ACTUALLY Paradise? (Asking for a Friend... Who is Me.)

Paradise? Okay, maybe I went a LITTLE overboard with the title. Look, it’s not a deserted island paradise, with coconuts and questionable seafood. It’s more like... *refined* paradise. Picture this: You've been stuck in meetings all week, your soul is slowly withering, and then... BOOM! You arrive at Settlers Inn. The air smells of... well, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's GOOD. Cozy, comforting. Maybe a hint of woodsmoke and freshly baked something. The building itself... it's gorgeous. Old stone, charming, like something out of a movie. I’m telling you, the first time I walked in, I actually went "Oooooh." Seriously, I did. So, is it *paradise*? Close enough. It’s a serious mood booster.

Is the Food Any Good? (Because, Let’s Face It, Bad Food Can Ruin EVERYTHING.)

The food… oh, the food. Okay, so, confession: I’m a food snob. I judge places based on their bread baskets. Judge me, I don't care! And Settlers Inn? Their bread basket *passed*. With flying colors. Their restaurant is a farm-to-table thing, which, look, sometimes that's code for “expensive and pretentious.” But here? It actually *works*. The trout is phenomenal. I had this one dish – I can't remember the name, honestly, I was a little tipsy – but it involved roasted vegetables and *something* creamy and delicious. I might have licked the plate. Don't tell anyone. Okay, and the *desserts*... oh MAN. The chocolate lava cake? Life-altering. Just go. Eat the cake. Trust me.

Are the Rooms Really as Cozy as They Look in the Pictures? (Or are they just strategically lit?)

Okay, I'm going to get real with you. Pictures lie. Sometimes. But in this case, the rooms are, if anything, *more* cozy than the pictures. Think thick comforters, fireplaces (some rooms, not all – check!), and a general sense of being swaddled in warmth and good vibes. I was in a room with a fireplace once, and I'm not gonna lie, I spent a solid two hours just staring at the flames. It was pure bliss. Okay, *minor* complaint: the walls are a little thin. I could hear someone snoring in the next room once. But hey, that's part of the charm, right? (Maybe bring earplugs, just in case your neighbors are particularly enthusiastic snorers.)

How Far in Advance Should We Book? (Because I’m a Planner… or at Least Pretend to Be.)

Book. Early. Seriously. Like, yesterday. Or the day before. This place is popular, for good reason. Especially if you want a room with a fireplace (highly recommended, by the way. Did I mention the fireplace?). Weekends? Forget about it. You'll probably need to plan a solid few months out. Mid-week? You might get lucky, but don't gamble with your precious vacation time! I once tried to book a room a week before, and it was totally booked. Lesson learned: get your act together and book in advance. Otherwise, you'll be crying into your instant ramen while scrolling through Instagram of everyone else chilling by the roaring fire.

What's the Deal with the Service? Friendly? Snobby? Somewhere in Between?

The service… is actually pretty good. Not *perfect*, mind you. I'm a fairly high-maintenance person, and I can tell you the staff is friendly and genuinely seem to want you to have a good time. They're not overly stuffy, which is a HUGE plus. I'm not a fan of being made to feel like I'm suddenly at a fancy gala when I’m there for relaxation. They're attentive without being intrusive. They got a little swamped at breakfast one morning and the coffee took a while, but hey, it happens. Overall, solid service. No eye-rolling from the staff. Always a good sign.

Are There Any Activities? (Or am I just sitting around, getting fat and happy?)

Okay, this depends on what you’re into. Settlers Inn itself is pretty chill. There’s not a dedicated “activity director” or anything. But! The area is packed with stuff to do. Hiking, biking (bring your own or rent), kayaking on Lake Wallenpaupack, which is beautiful. The Inn is in the cutest little town, Hawley, which has antique shops and galleries… I'm not personally a huge antique person, but the galleries are worth a poke around. Plus, the lake is lovely. You can totally just relax and do nothing which is what I did on one occasion. Spent the entire afternoon reading a book on the deck. Fantastic. Honestly, sometimes the *best* activity is just doing absolutely nothing. Well, except eating. You'll be doing a lot of eating.

Okay, Let's Get Specific: The Fireplace Room. Tell Me EVERYTHING. (Worth the Price?)

RIGHT. The fireplace room. Okay, let's get real: it's a splurge. It's not cheap. But... (deep breath)... it's worth it. Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, *worth it*. I've stayed in a fireplace room twice. The first time, I was with my significant other. Romantic, right? Wrong. We bickered like an old married couple and the romantic aura of the fireplace got lost in our bickering. We ended up hating each other at the end of that stay. The second time, I went solo. And it was *transcendent*. Seriously. First, the room. Beautiful. Cozy. The smell of burning wood... *chef's kiss*. The sound of the crackling fire... pure ASMR. I spent hours just staring at it, reading a book, sipping wine (which I'd brought, obviously). The bed. Huge. Pillows like clouds. I slept like a freakin' log. The bathroom? Luxurious. Big tub. Okay, I may or may not have taken *multiple* baths. And you know what? I did it all *by myself.* No one to judge my excessive use of bubbles. So yes, the fireplace room is worth it. Just be prepared to potentially spend a bunch of time alone and questioning all your life choices in front of a roaring fire. But hey, that's the point of a getaway, right? (And bring your own wine. The bar is good, but the wine selection in the town is... limited.)

Hotel Near Airport

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States

Settlers Inn Hawley (Pa) United States