Uncover Portland's Hidden Gem: The Nines' Luxury Awaits

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

Uncover Portland's Hidden Gem: The Nines' Luxury Awaits

Uncover Portland's Hidden Gem: The Nines' Luxury Awaits - My Brain's All-Over-The-Place Review (and Why You NEED to Book)

Okay, so The Nines. This place… it’s a vibe. And honestly, after spending a few days there, my brain feels like it's been tossed in a blender with a few too many espresso shots. But in a good way. Think polished wood, art hanging like it actually matters, and a general feeling of "Yeah, you're gonna be okay, even if your life is a glorious mess."

Forget those robotic, perfectly-structured hotel reviews; this is gonna be raw, unfiltered, and hopefully helpful. Consider this your pre-trip pep talk (or a post-trip therapy session, depending on how much you indulge in their… well, everything).

First, the Essentials… the Gotta-Haves (and the "Meh")

Let’s start with the practical stuff, because, you know, gotta adult sometimes.

  • Accessibility: Now, I didn't personally test the wheelchair accessibility myself (cruising the hotel on a Roomba wasn't on my agenda), but they say they're good to go. They have: Elevator, facilities for disabled guests. Definitely check in advance to confirm your specific needs are covered.
  • Internet: Okay, internet! This is crucial, people! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! YES! And it's actually good Wi-Fi. I'm talking, streamed-Netflix-without-buffering-while-simultaneously-Zoom-calling-your-mom-good. They also offer Lan which makes me feel old, but if the internet slows down the LAN offers an alternative.
  • Cleanliness & Safety: Okay, the pandemic. It's still a thing. The Nines seem to get it. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily Disinfection? Check! Rooms sanitized between stays? Check, check, check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? You betcha. They're really committed to making you feel safe. And yes, the staff is definitely trained in safety protocol. It's kind of reassuring.

Then, the Good Stuff (aka Where The Nines Shines)

  • Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Oh boy. This is where things get interesting. Let's just say, I may or may not have spent an embarrassing amount of time in the bar. They have a happy hour which I definitely experienced, and the cocktails are… dangerous. In a good way. Restaurants? Plural! Breakfast buffet? Sure, there's one. But I’m a sucker for a classic, and their Western breakfast was a great start on my day. Chef's kiss. Coffee/Tea in restaurant? Yes, and the best one is the coffee shop, and if you're looking to snack, the Snack bar. They have Asian cuisine in the restaurant too.
  • Relaxation and Spa Vibes: Okay, listen. This is where you need to mentally prepare for your bank account to weep a little, because… Spa, sauna, steamroom, massage, you name it, they probably have it. I got a massage, and honestly, it was the closest I’ve come to transcending into another dimension without the aid of, uh, other substances. The pool with view? Spectacular. It's outdoor and has a view, which is a bonus. And their gym, wow! It's not just some sad little closet with a treadmill. You're actually motivated to work out there.
  • Things to Do: There’s a gym/fitness center, for those of you who like to punish yourselves. And in the surrounding area, you are in Portland. So, what isn't there to do?

The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (Mostly)

My room… was a comfort zone.

  • All the little things Bathroom phone? Yes. Bathrobes? Hells yes! Blackout curtains? Thank the heavens! Because I needed all of these things!
  • The Bed: Extra long; yes. Linens? Amazing. And yes, they really had a great bed, so I had to use up the extra long bed to properly enjoy it.
  • The View: I had a high floor, and the view was… well, let's just say it was "Instagrammable."
  • Also? Desk? Coffee/Tea maker? Ironing facilities? Mini bar? Yep. Yep. Yep.

The "Could-be-Better" Bits (Because Nothing's Perfect, Right?)

  • Room for Improvement:
    • Proposal spot I think this is nice, but I'm confused by its inclusion. I'm sure you can propose anywhere, but it's a bit obscure of a selling feature.

The Conclusion (aka Why You Should Book NOW)

Look, I'm not gonna lie. The Nines isn't cheap. But you know what? Sometimes, you need to splurge. You need a place that understands the delicate balance between luxury and comfort. A place where you can hide from the world for a bit, or throw the fanciest event of your life. Somewhere that lets you have that extra glass of wine, and also lets you sleep in and finally get a massage.

Uncover Portland's Hidden Gem: The Nines' Luxury Awaits is more than just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place to recharge, to indulge, and to maybe, just maybe, forget about your life for a few glorious days.

My "Book Now!" Recommendation (with some SEO magic for you!)

Ready to experience Portland luxury? Escape to The Nines!

  • Indulge in world-class dining, from the chic bar to the incredible restaurants.
  • Unwind with a spa day, complete with massages, saunas, and breathtaking pool views.
  • Enjoy spacious, well-appointed rooms, with all the amenities you could desire (and maybe a few you didn't know you needed!).
  • Secure your stay at The Nines today and unlock exclusive offers!
  • #TheNinesPortland #PortlandHotels #LuxuryHotel #SpaGetaway #PortlandTravel #LuxuryTravel #NorthwestGetaway #HotelReview #TravelBlog #ExplorePortland

Go on, book it. You deserve it. You'll be thanking me later. (And maybe sending me a free cocktail. Just sayin'…)

**Unlocking Retirement Riches in Pohang: Your Moraeal Pension Guide**

Book Now

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups. We're going to Portland, baby! And not just ANY Portland, but the ridiculously swanky, pretentious (in the best way possible?) The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel. Prepare for a rollercoaster of luxury, coffee overdoses, and existential dread fueled by overpriced cocktails.

Day 1: Arrival of the Gods (or at least, Very Well-Heeled Humans)

  • 2:00 PM: Land at PDX. Ugh, airports. I swear, I age ten years every time I'm subjected to the sterile, fluorescent purgatory. But hey, at least I’m finally escaping the soul-crushing routine. Managed to grab a suspiciously expensive Uber (because, priorities).
  • 2:45 PM: Check-in at The Nines. Okay, this is more like it. The lobby… it's a vibe. Gorgeous, even. The staff is so ridiculously polite, it feels like they've been pre-programmed to smile. Do they ever sleep? Do they have feelings? Are they secretly robots designed to make me feel inadequate? I'm pretty sure I saw a real-life swan at the reception desk. Okay, maybe not, but it felt that fancy.
  • 3:00 PM: Settle into the room. This is where the "luxury" part kicks in. Woah. Seriously. The bed? Cloud-like. The view? Skyline dreams. The espresso machine? My new best friend. I just needed to get rid of my backpack, which had a hole in it that caused everything in my backpack to fall to the bottom.
  • 4:00 PM: The mandatory hotel exploration. Because you have to. Found the fitness center (nope), the spa (oooh, maybe later, too expensive now), and the bar. The bar called that "the bar". I am such a sucker for a good hotel bar.
  • 5:00 PM: Cocktail Hour at the bar. Ordered a ridiculously priced, fancy-sounding cocktail. It tasted like sunshine and regret in equal measure. Watched a group of people wearing blazers and talking intensely about "synergy". My inner cynic was going WILD.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at Departure Restaurant + Lounge (the hotel's restaurant). The menu was a poem, and the food? A masterpiece. I had the seared scallops, and I'm pretty sure my tastebuds had an orgasm. Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but it was GOOD. Like, "holy moly, I can't believe I just ate that" good.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Bliss. The bed. The view. The silence. Absolute perfection. Fell asleep dreaming of scallops and world domination (hey, you gotta have goals).

Day 2: Coffee, Culture, and Cranky Tourists

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up. Espresso machine to the rescue! I now understand the appeal of being a rich bitch.
  • 8:00 AM: EXPLORE! This place is just a walk through the downtown area, and I am ready!
  • 9:00 AM: Wandering the city. So many awesome shops, restaurants, and bars.
  • 10:00 AM: Went to Powell's City of Books. I am the type who can get lost in the stacks for hours. I could not. It was an absolute labyrinth, and I got hopelessly lost within five minutes. Found a cozy little corner to drink my coffee and relax, with the book store surrounding me.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a quirky little cafe. Some sandwich and a salad.
  • 2:00 PM: I tried to take a walk at Washington park, but it was too cold. I was still tired from the day before.
  • 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I'm exhausted! I needed a nap,
  • 4:00 PM: Slept.
  • 5:00 PM: The hotel bar calls again. I ordered another cocktail.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I opted for the "casual" option. Went to the bar. The burger was surprisingly good, but the service was slightly less polished. I think the waiter was having a bad day. Or maybe I was just being hypersensitive after all the luxury.
  • 9:00 PM: Retreat to the Room of Bliss. And I fell asleep dreaming of burgers and quiet.

Day 3: Coffee, Farewell, and The Dreaded Departure

  • 7:00 AM: The espresso machine is practically glowing now. We are practically best friends.
  • 8:00 AM: Final walk. I walked around the Nines one last time.
  • 9:00 AM: Some last-minute souvenir shopping. Found something for my mom.
  • 10:00 AM: Breakfast at the Departure Restaurant + Lounge. Just one last look at the view.
  • 11:00 AM: Farewell to the room. The hotel staff was as polite as ever.
  • 12:00 AM: Uber to the airport. Gag. I am not looking forward to going through the airport, ugh.
  • 1:00 PM: Departure time.

Final Thoughts:

The Nines was fantastic. The luxury was real. The coffee kept me alive. The cocktails may have depleted my bank account, but it was SO WORTH IT. Portland? It's got its charms. But mostly, it's got a serious coffee problem. I will come back.

Anaheim Maingate Inn: Your Dream LA Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

Uncover Portland's Hidden Gem: The Nines' Luxury Awaits – ...But Does It REALLY? (An Unfiltered FAQ)

Okay, so The Nines… Is it actually worth the hype? Or just another overpriced hotel where you pay for the *idea* of luxury?

Alright, buckle up. This is where my internal monologue, usually a chaotic blend of suspicion and yearning, kicks in. The Nines? Ooooh, it's a *Portland* hotel. That means two things: 1) They’re REALLY good at branding and making you feel like you're impossibly cool just by walking inside; 2) You're going to shell out some serious cash. I went in with a slightly jaded outlook. I've seen the Instagram posts. The perfect cocktails. The impossibly-chic people lounging in the lobby. But I've also had a few experiences with "luxury hotels" that delivered more air than actual enjoyment. So, the answer? It's complicated. The lobby *is* stunning. Genuinely. That modern art (I think it’s…art…maybe?) is a conversation starter, even if you just mutter, "Huh, interesting," as you stumble towards the check-in desk, jetlagged and wearing yesterday's travel clothes. But here’s the thing: My first room… okay, it was nice. REALLY nice. Floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing the city. Comfy bed. But... the air conditioning! It was either Arctic tundra or desert-dry heat. No in-between. I spent a solid fifteen minutes trying to find the sweet spot. It was a struggle. A LUXURY-HOTEL-FRUSTRATION struggle. I swear, at one point, I nearly called the concierge, but then remembered I’d packed my own blanket anyway because, as I said, experience.

Let's talk about the rooms. Are they actually *that* amazing? And what about the view?

Okay, the *view*. That's where The Nines really *tries* to get ya. And... they mostly succeed. I was up on a high floor. The city sprawled below. It was genuinely breathtaking, especially at sunset. That alone might almost make it worth it, *almost.* The rooms themselves? Well… they *are* well-appointed, as they say. Nice furniture. Stylish decor (if, again, you're into the aggressively-modern-but-somehow-still-comfortable aesthetic). The bathroom? Marble. All the marble. You could probably do a skincare routine in there that would make Cleopatra jealous. (Okay, maybe not, but it was nice.) But here’s a tiny confession, after the aforementioned air-con drama: I *did* end up losing my phone charger somewhere, and spent a frantic hour searching before deciding to just…call the front desk. They sent up a replacement, but it made me realize: Luxury can still be stressful when you’re disoriented. Also, the minibar. Don’t even get me started on the minibar prices. I'm pretty sure a single bottle of water was going for the price of a small mortgage payment. Tempting, though. Especially at 3am, when you're staring at the ceiling and wondering if you should order room service. (You shouldn't. Trust me. Unless you're okay with eating a $50 sandwich.)

The Nines boasts about its "culinary experiences." Was the food as good as it looks in the photos? (Because, let's be honest, Instagram lies.)

Right. The food. Ah, yes. The Achilles heel of many a luxury hotel. I tried the restaurant, Departure. It's the rooftop restaurant and… oh, the view! Again, the view. Seriously, it's a selling point. The food itself… Okay, it was good. Really, *really* good. I had the ramen. It was delicious. The presentation? Flawless (as expected). The ingredients? High-quality. The service? Attentive, bordering on hovering. But… and there’s always a “but,” isn’t there? It all felt... a bit *precious*. Like, you have to be *in the know* to truly appreciate the subtle nuances of the soy-glazed whatever-it-was. And also? It was expensive. Like, "I hope I haven’t accidentally maxed out my credit card" expensive. I did, however, experience a slight issue: I spilled half the broth on my white shirt (I thought I was a sophisticated adult). I swear, my date (who was also incredibly nice) just stared at me. Well, there was a very kind server who offered me a wet towel, and I spent the rest of the meal trying not to be a total mess. Just a small blip that I think any hotel (luxury or otherwise) would forgive.

What about the service? Is the staff actually helpful, or are they just fawning to get a big tip?

Okay, the staff. This is a tricky one. My overall impression? They were *mostly* lovely. Polite, efficient, and genuinely seemed to want to help. The concierge was particularly excellent; they managed to locate a lost phone charger for me in minutes (even though I thought, initially, I had done a "leaving my things here, forever," and had already started to panic). But, the service has little quirks, like you'd expect from any place that is just a little too on the luxe side. I found that the staff was *very* attentive to the "right" people (and those who *looked* like they had money to spend). Also, I did experience a minor mix-up with my breakfast order one morning. (I’d requested scrambled eggs, and they brought me, uh, something else entirely. I swear it wasn’t eggs.) The waiter apologized profusely, and they whisked it away and quickly made it right (but I was hangry, and it was a small thing that took the sheen off the "perfect" experience). Again, it's important for me to point out these, small imperfections... because, you know, real life is messy.

Okay, the million-dollar question: Would you stay at The Nines again?

That's the million-dollar *and* the question I've been mulling over since, and I have gone back and forth several times. Here's the honest truth: Yes, probably. Despite the tiny hiccups, the occasional price shock, and the sometimes-overwhelming sense that I was in an elaborate, art-filled stage play called "Living the Good Life," The Nines *does* deliver a certain something. That something is that experience. If you're looking for a special occasion, to treat yourself (or someone else) yes. The view from my room? Unforgettable. The ramen? Delicious. The overall aesthetic? Impressive. Maybe I'm a sucker for a fancy lobby. Maybe I'm easily swayed by soft lighting and a well-stocked minibar (though, again, the prices...). But the memory is good. But... next time, I'm definitely packing an extra charger and maybe, *maybe*, a small air purifier. And perhaps, eating a big, cheap burrito *before* I arrive, just to hedge my bets. (And maybe not wear a white shirt to dinner). Because, as I said... life.
Wallet Friendly Stay

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland Portland (OR) United States