Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel, Matsu Island's Hidden Gem

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel, Matsu Island's Hidden Gem

Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel, Matsu Island – My Chaotic Love Affair with a Hidden Gem

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea – and the lukewarm, probably-not-free-yet-tasty-coffee – on the Long Zhi Yue Hotel in Matsu Island. This place… this place is a journey. Forget your perfectly curated Instagram feeds; this is a real-life, slightly-off-kilter adventure. And honestly? I kinda loved it.

First Impression: Island Time, and a Few Roadbumps (Literally)

Getting to Matsu Island is an experience in itself. Ferries, tiny planes… it's all part of the charm. Accessibility: The hotel itself is relatively accessible, with an elevator and generally wide hallways. They have facilities for disabled guests, which is a massive plus. However, getting to the hotel might be a bit of a challenge for some. The roads are winding, and public transport is… well, let's just say it embraces "island time." Airport transfer is available, which is a godsend; trust me, you'll want it.

My Own Personal Whirlwind: The Room

Let's talk rooms. My room? Oh, it was a… experience. I’m not going to lie, the carpeting felt like it had seen some things (okay, maybe a lot of feet), but hey, that’s part of the charm, right? The blackout curtains were my best friends, especially after a long day of exploring. Internet access – wireless (Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms!) was a lifesaver, though the signal occasionally decided to go on a little vacation. And the free bottled water, complimentary tea, and coffee/tea maker? Pure bliss. There was an alarm clock to remind you it's time to step out on the island adventure. I swear, the bathtub, maybe even a separate shower/bathtub, turned my room into a private paradise from a world of a long and tiring travel. Despite the slightly worn look, the bed was comfy. The linens were clean, and that’s what REALLY mattered. The in-room safe box gave me some peace of mind.

Let’s get it messy: Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Stomach's Report)

Okay, food. This is where things got… interesting. There are restaurants offering Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and even a Vegetarian restaurant. The Buffet in restaurant was a mixed bag. Some days it was a glorious spread of deliciousness; other days, well, let's just say my expectations weren’t exactly met. The Asian breakfast was a winner, though! The Poolside bar offered some refreshing cocktails, and a Coffee/tea in restaurant helped me to wake up and start my island adventure. They've got a Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Bottle of water. And if you're feeling peckish, there is a Snack bar.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe-ish

Cleanliness and safety, they are taking seriously. There was Daily disinfection in common areas. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere, and the staff were masked up. Anti-viral cleaning products were being used. Rooms sanitized between stays opt-out available. The Staff trained in safety protocol was a definite bonus. There was a Doctor/nurse on call, which gave me peace of mind. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, plus the Security [24-hour] gave me a sense of security.

Things to Do (And Ways to Relax – My Own Kind Of Retreat)

This place has a little bit of everything. Pool with view was a highlight! Just gorgeous. They have a Swimming pool [outdoor]. And for those seeking ultimate chill, there's a Spa, a Sauna and Body scrub and maybe a Massage. I, however, chose to be lazy. More power to ya if you check out the Fitness center, I admire your commitment.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (Sometimes)

They have a pretty legit Concierge. Daily housekeeping kept the dust bunnies at bay. They did help me with Laundry service. The Elevator was a lifesaver. Cash withdrawal and Currency exchange were handy. The Convenience store, and a Gift/souvenir shop.

Getting Around: Island Life, Slow Down

Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], are available. If you have your own car, you're golden, but renting a car might be your best bet.

The Quirks & the Charm (Because Life Isn’t Perfect)

One of my favourite things was the quirky touches. I loved the essential condiments (the little packets! I love them), the smiling faces of the staff (despite a few little language barriers), and the overall laid-back atmosphere.

The Offer That Will Make Your Island Dreams a Reality:

Are you ready to escape the ordinary?

Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel, Matsu Island's Hidden Gem is calling your name! Forget the cookie-cutter vacations; embrace the adventure.

Book your stay now and receive:

  • Complimentary Welcome Drink: Kickstart your island escape with a refreshing beverage as soon as you arrive!
  • Breakfast with a View: Fuel your adventures with a delicious breakfast overlooking the breathtaking Matsu scenery.
  • Flexible Cancellation Policy: Because life happens, and we want to make your booking stress-free.

Don't wait! Matsu Island is waiting, and Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel is ready to welcome you. Click that "Book Now" button, and get ready to be utterly charmed (and maybe a little bit challenged) by this hidden gem. Your unforgettable island adventure awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Caesar Park Banqiao's Unbeatable Taipei Getaway

Book Now

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this "itinerary" ain't your grandma's rigid schedule. We're diving headfirst into the unpredictable, the delicious, and the downright weird magic of a trip to the Long Zhi Yue Hotel on Matsu Island, Taiwan. God help us all.

Day 1: Arrival, Fishy Business, and Existential Dread (Just Kidding… Mostly)

  • Morning (Or, Maybe, The Afternoon?): Land in Matsu. Look, the flight felt like one of those bargain basement amusement park rides – bumpy, slightly terrifying, and leaving you wondering if you’d actually made it. Anyway, after disembarking, I swear, the air smells different here. Brisk, salty, and subtly fishy in a way that's kind of… alluring if you're into that sort of thing. Grab a taxi to the Long Zhi Yue Hotel. The driver, bless his heart, spoke about as much English as I speak Mandarin (which is, let's be honest, a lot of grunting and pointing). But somehow, we got there.
  • Mid-morning / Early Afternoon: Check in – finally! The view from my room? Seascapes, and a good one. The hotel staff is lovely, but I'm still getting my bearings. They keep offering me tea, which is amazing, but I need COFFEE. REAL coffee.
  • Late Afternoon: Stumble Upon a Fish Market (and Possible Epiphany). Okay, so I’m wandering, you know, trying to find my bearings, perhaps even a decent coffee shop. I ended up completely lost, when suddenly, BAM! a fish market. It looked like the set of a pirate movie set in a particularly fragrant (and, frankly, slightly disturbing) corner of the ocean.
    • Rambling Thought: The fishermen are gutting the fish right on the sand. I've never seen such a fresh catch. Oh man, but the smell!! It's… intense. I bought some weird, shiny fish thing that I couldn't identify. I think the vendor took pity on me as I looked like I was about to faint. I need to find someone to cook it.
  • Evening: Okay, so that fish? I had asked the hotel to cook it. Let's just say it was an experience. I'd describe the taste as like, eating the ocean. The hotel kitchen is amazing, but it's really not their usual fare. After dinner, the sunset was pretty, honestly, but I was distracted by the taste. And I was so full. All I could do was collapse into bed and dream of… well, I'm not sure what. Maybe the salty, fishy breeze. And coffee!
    • Emotional Reaction: My stomach is in knots. Is this what it is to be a tourist in a strange land? And why did I not get coffee?

Day 2: Temples, Tea, and a Very Close Encounter with a Sea God

  • Morning: Coffee! Found a little shop. The coffee is strong, the people are friendly. World is good. Time to explore. I was told that this area is known for its Mazu temples. So, I'm off.
  • Late Morning: The Mazu Temples. Wow. They are stunning. The detail! The colors! The incense is thick and the air is buzzing with something… spiritual? There was a sea god statue. I found that the sea god is actually a goddess named Mazu. It turns out she is the protector of fishermen, oh, like the people.
    • Quirky Observation: I swear, the eyes on the statue were watching me. It’s a little unnerving but I'm in awe.
  • Afternoon: Tea time. Seriously, this trip is turning into a tea-drinking contest. But the tea here is different. It's like… a gentle hug from the earth. (I’m a sucker for the melodrama, okay?) I met an older woman who makes her own tea, and the session was an education! She explained that the Matsu culture is one of the most unique in the world. I have to agree with her.
  • Late Afternoon: I got really close! It was a full-scale ship. A fishing boat. It was being blessed by the priest. I was in the middle of a ceremony. I don't know what's going on, but I'm completely mesmerized.
  • Evening: The hotel made dinner. They were starting to understand my palate and preferences, and they even had coffee. This time, I felt less like I was eating the ocean, and more like I was part of the ocean.

Day 3: Beach Bliss and a Potential Love Connection (Maybe?)

  • Morning: Beach day! I'm not much of a beach person, but the sand is pristine, the water crystal clear. The waves are actually really relaxing. I've spent all my life in the city, and I didn't know that nature could be so breathtaking. And it's all so quiet!
  • Afternoon: The guy from the fish market. Well ok, I'm making it sound more serious, but, uhm, the vendor from the fish market was at the beach! I recognized him. He seemed to recognize me too. His name? Uhm, Ming. We sat on the sand and talked. We laughed. He seemed to be very amused that I'd tried the fish. He explained the different styles of cooking. I'm very taken by him. Am I being a fool? I'm not sure I care.
    • Opinionated Language: The beach is perfect. I'm officially a beach person. I can't see myself leaving here.
  • Evening: Dinner with Ming. He brought me to a small seafood restaurant. The food, the conversation… I can't stop smiling. It's the end of the day. But for the first time since I've arrived in Matsu Island, I'm not going to bed alone. It's amazing.
    • Messy Structure: I should probably be keeping notes. I'm not.

Day 4: Departure… and a Whole Lot of "What Next?"

  • Morning: Goodbye to the hotel. Goodbye island. Goodbye Ming… okay, I might see him again. I'm not saying anything.
    • Emotional Reaction: I don't want to leave! I feel like I've only just scratched the surface of Matsu Island. The people, the food, the vibe… it's all so unique and authentic. I'm genuinely sad to say goodbye.
  • Afternoon: The flight out was smooth. I got a window seat. I stared out the window for the entire flight. Thinking.
  • Evening: Back home. Back to reality. But… something's changed. I feel… different. More open, more curious, more… alive. I can't wait to go back. Matsu Island, Taiwan, you’ve got a hold of my heart. And maybe, just maybe, my stomach too, even with the weird fish!
    • Stream of Consciousness: Should I look up flights? Is Ming thinking of me? Should I try to learn Mandarin? Did I actually, really enjoy the smell of that fish market? Maybe. Yeah, probably.
Luxury Escape Awaits: Hilton Garden Inn Houston Sugar Land

Book Now

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel FAQs (Matsu Island, Seriously, Though...)

Escape to Paradise: Long Zhi Yue Hotel - FAQs (Because, Seriously, Matsu Island Needs Explaining)

General Questions (aka, "What the Heck is Matsu Island?")

Where *is* this place? Is it even real?

Okay, fair question. Matsu Islands are a group of islands belonging to Taiwan, but they're WAY out there, like, closer to China than Taiwan itself. Think rugged coastlines, stunning cliffs, and... well, not a whole lot of tourists. Which is the point, right? It's like, the anti-Bali. I spent a good portion of my pre-trip googling wondering this very thing. Turns out, it's REALLY real. And the Long Zhi Yue Hotel? Yep, that's real too. More on that later.

How do I even GET to Matsu Island? Is it a death-defying helicopter ride?

Thankfully, no death-defying helicopter rides (though maybe I secretly wanted one?). You have a few options. 1) Fly from Taipei Songshan Airport. Fastest, but weather dependent. 2) Ferry. Slower, potentially seasick-inducing, but hey, you get to see the sea (and maybe some dolphins!). I took the ferry on the way *to* the island. Let me tell you: I'm talking, white knuckles, clinging to the railing, praying to the gods of Dramamine. The waves were gnarly. Coming back on the plane? Heaven. Seriously, book a flight if you can. My stomach still hasn't forgiven me.

Okay, so is the Long Zhi Yue Hotel actually *nice*?

Alright, here's the tea. It's not the Ritz. But it's *charming*. Think comfortable, rather than luxury. Clean rooms, spectacular views, and a definite "vibe." It's the kind of place where you can actually *relax* without feeling like you need a second mortgage to afford a coffee. The staff is lovely, always helpful (though some English is a bit… limited, but that adds to the charm, right?), and the breakfast? Surprisingly good. I’m still dreaming about those local buns, honestly. The hotel definitely works with the island instead of trying to defy it.

The Hotel Itself (And My Drama with a Tiny Gecko)

What kinds of rooms are available?

They have different types, mostly the ocean views suites. The view from my room? Unbelievable. Seriously, I spent a lot of time just staring out the window, contemplating life and the sheer beauty of the sea. They also have family rooms, and some smaller, more budget-friendly options. Just, you know, book in advance, especially during peak season (which, by the way, isn't *that* peak, because, well… Matsu Island).

Anything to be aware of in the rooms?

Okay, confession time. I'm not great with…tiny, fast-moving creatures. And, let's just say I may or may not have had a *slight* run-in with a tiny gecko in my room. It was probably a baby. It was probably more scared of me than I was of it. BUT, the squeak I let out could probably be heard in the next province. So, yeah, if you're a bit sensitive, maybe bring some earplugs (for your shouts, not the gecko's squeaks). The hotel staff, bless their hearts, were super understanding and tried to help. They did their best to remove the intruder without calling pest control or anything. Turns out, it's a sign of good luck. I still kept my distance though.

What kind of facilities does the hotel offer?

There's a restaurant (food is delicious!), a small lobby area, and depending on the room, a balcony or patio. Nothing super fancy, but it's got everything you need. The real "facility" is the *location*. The hotel is nestled on the coast, making it easy to explore the island. It's more about the experience than the amenities, really. And that experience is glorious.

Food, Glorious Food! (And a Slightly Overzealous Lobster)

What's the food like?

Oh. My. Goodness. The food on Matsu Island is *amazing*. Fresh seafood, local specialties you've never even heard of, and the most incredible flavors. The hotel restaurant is pretty good, but get out and explore! Try all the local restaurants. Seriously. You won't be disappointed. Just be adventurous. I ended up ordering *something* with a lobster once. It was good. A little too good. The lobster was slightly too generous (I'm not complaining!). It was probably enough to feed a small army, but hey, when in Matsu, right?

Are there vegetarian/vegan options?

Okay, this is where it gets a little… challenging. Matsu Island is very seafood-focused. While the hotel restaurant will most likely be able to whip something up for you; expect simpler meals, and a slight questioning glance from the staff. Do your research beforehand, and be prepared to adjust your expectations. It's doable, just not the easiest. And definitely learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. "No meat" is your friend!

Exploring Matsu Island (Because, Seriously, Get Out There!)

What is there to do on Matsu Island?

Hiking, exploring historical sites, visiting temples, and, of course, looking for that elusive “Blue Tears” phenomenon. The Blue Tears? That bioluminescence in the water? Yeah, it's real. And it's breathtaking. We even went on one of the blue tears boat tours. The tours can be a little crowded, but it's worth it. Plus, the island's history is fascinating. Check out the tunnels, the militaryLuxury Stay Blog

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan

Long Zhi Yue Hotel Matsu Island Taiwan